Chapter 37

I just finished tidying the mess that Lex had left in the kitchen when the doorbell rang, placing the orange juice back in the fridge, I ran to buzz Josh in. Seconds later, he was standing outside the door with his cheeky half grin plastered on his face.

"Hello trouble" I greeted him, leaning forwards to kiss him, he chuckled but kissed me back anyway.

"I should be offended" he stated, grinning wickedly. I raised my eyebrows at my boyfriend shaking my head.

"But even you know you are up to no good, so you can’t argue... can you trouble?" I replied. Josh looked at me, and scrunched his nose up before winking and holding his hand out for me.

"If you’re done offending me, we have to get going missy".

I took a last look around the apartment checking all the lights were off, the windows were locked on and nothing had been left on, I loved this apartment too much to let it just burn down over something silly like not checking before I left the house!

I smiled as Josh snaked his arm around my waist and led me down the stairs and onto the street where a taxi was waiting. Wait, a taxi? Where were we going and why couldn’t either of us drive there? I looked up to see Josh laughing at my confused face but he was biting his lip in a way that told me that he wasn’t spilling any details on where we were off too.

A short drive later we arrived at the train station, Josh paid the driver and then got a rucksack out of the boot, he took my hand in his left and swung the bag over his right shoulder and we walked into the train station. He looked over at the departures board, scanning it silently and then started walking us through the station and to the platform number. I tried to memorise the destinations and their corresponding platform numbers but Josh started dragging me away from the board instead and we finally arrived at the platform. 5 minutes later, the train arrived and Josh placed his hands over my ears so I didn’t hear the announcement.

I scowled at him, and pouted as I walked onto the train and found us two seats nearer to the back so they were a bit more private.

You know what Franceschi; two can play the silence game! I thought to myself, and turned my head so I was leaning against the window and faced away from Josh. He chuckled at my childish behaviour and tried to snuggle against my arm but I shook him off, smiling to let him know I want actually angry but I was defiant to win this little battle. No matter how long it took me!

******

"Joshua James Alphonse Franceschi pack it in. Now!!" I shrieked in my most authoritive tone as his fingers tickled my sides, he paused briefly before laughing even harder and tickling me even more, eventually I managed to whimper "please stop!"

"Say it." he commanded, pausing for the briefest moment to look into my eyes.

Sighing, I gave in. I looked at him, staring directly into his bright blue eyes and said "Im sorry, you don't have to tell me where we going." I hung my head low in defeat and Josh chuckled, removing his hands from my sides to cup my face and kiss me instead. He lowered his lips to mine and I smiled as I felt my lips tingle. I kissed him back following his lead and when his tongue touched my bottom lip I opened my lips slightly. Moments later there was an announcement on the train’s intercom.

"Hello and good morning, we trust you have enjoyed your journey with us. If you have any comments or queries please talk to a member of staff. We shall be arriving at our destination in approximately 5 minutes. Enjoy your time in France!"

"FRANCE! You bought me to France! Oh My God, Josh!!!"

"Only the finest of places for you my love" he replied pecking my lips softly. Josh stood up to get his rucksack off the luggage rack, stretching slightly to reach it causing his jacket and shirt to rise up revealing some skin just above the waist band of his jeans and some rather private thoughts to pop into my head. I quickly turned my head the other way, staring out of the window before he noticed me staring and giggled at myself.