Chapter 12

How strange is it that im feeling nervous about speaking to my own brother? I know it sounds insane but thats the way it is. I took a deep breath and turned the doorknob, peering into the room. Joey looked up from his bed and started sitting up propping himself on his pillows. I walked in and shut the door behind me surveying my surroundings. Considering he has apparently been in bed all week he sure has made a mess of this room!  

"Joey."  

"Ally." He replied in the same flat tone i had used. 

"I want to talk to you, im your sister and i deserve some answers"  

"im ill, i deserve my breakfast first i think" he replied. I looked at him with an expression of shock and disgust and he continued "you woke me up at 8am, the least you could do is bring breakfast for me" 

"What the fuck?" I muttered, he heard me so I said it again at a normal volume this time. " I am not your slave, i was looking after you because you nearly killed yourself and that is what siblings do but i rang the doctor this morning and he said you will be completely fine by now. So after we have had a chat you can go and make yourself some breakfast." I said, i stared straight into his eyes daring him to protest which thankfully he didnt. He sighed, and nodded his head obviously realising that he wouldnt get very far if he did protest. "Why, Joey? Why did you leave me all on my own with our severly depressed dad? You know what the stress was doing to mum's temper, you knew i had nightmares nearly everynight, so why did you pack your bags and walk out when i needed you the most?" My eyes had filled up and scrunched them tight, to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall. Through my blurry eyes i saw Joey staring at me, he took a deep breath and played with his fingers. His gaze dropped to his hands which were resting in his lap in front of him. 

"Im Sorry" and he shrugged.  

"YOUR SORRY? IS THAT ALL I GET?" I screamed, the tears broke free and were streamig down my face and Joey's eyes were open wide in the shock. "Your such a pig, you know that? You do-" my rant was interrupted by a knock on the door and i glanced at my watch, 8.30am. Like clockwork. I smiled to myself and watched Joey's face twist with confusion. "Hmm.. my breakfast is here. Bye bye" i said sweetly and ran out of his room and down the stairs. I took a few seconds in the hallway just relaxing myself and putting the failure of the conversation I had attempted with Joey out of my mind.

I opened the door really fast and and felt all the oxygen knocked out of me. Josh stood there with his cheeky grin, scrunched up his nose, it was so adorable when he did that " gosh darling, you about wrenched that door of its hinges!" He came in and put his shopping down on the little sidestand table, shut the door and wrapped his arms aroud my waist. He bent his head down and i reached up on tippy toes and closed my eyes waiting for the moment when our lips would collide. I smiled as his lips touched mine,and i felt him do the same, my hands came up and my fingers tangled themselves in his hair. After about a minute I pulled away gasping in desperate need of oxygen yet Josh just stood there. I smiled at him and i felt my eyebrows raise in question as I inhaled and exhaled and inhaled and exhaled " Im a singer, darling. These lungs are strong" he said puffing out his chest. We both laughed, and I laced my fingers with his, we sat at the table and I smiled with satisfaction as Josh pulled out a choc chip muffin for me and handed over my coffee. He had a coffee and a double choc chip muffin for himself.

"Im really going to miss this next week" Josh said, I looked over at him and felt my heart shatter as I realised what he meant. This weekend he was going back to Surrey, me eyes drooped a little and my eyes glanced over to the calender.  

"Holy shit! I didnt realise it was thursday already! When are you leaving?" 

" saturday morning why?"