Chapter 27

A/N

Hey Guys! Sorry this took so long to upload, I just really hope you enjoy it :) x

I stretched up as soon as I got out my car smiling in the midday sun. It was a Friday, Josh had gone home last weekend and Joey had been admitted to the rehabilitation centre on the Monday, it had taken dad a few days but by Wednesday like mum, he too had gone back to work leaving me at home all alone.

I took out my suitcase from the boot and wheeled it up to the door, it was only small because I was only planning on staying for a little while and I was planning on doing some shopping before I returned home, of course! I knocked on the door and braced myself for the reaction.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! HOLY SHIT ALLY!!” I laughed, as Lex wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me through the door, “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?”

“Surprise!” I screamed raising my arms above my head; she laughed too and pulled my suitcase inside closing the door behind her. This was the first time that I had been to see her in the three months that she had been living here in London, I wasn’t fond of driving long distance and then with everything going off at home there simply hadn’t been enough hours in the day.

Lex led me into the living room of her new flat, the room was medium sized, and painted in neutral, the walls were cream, the sofa, the coffee table and the carpet was a dark brown. On the far wall was her TV hung up on the wall. “Do you want coffee babe?” Lex asked. I nodded my head yes and she went into the kitchen to make it. I pulled my phone out and text my mum, dad and Josh to tell them I had arrived safe. The plan was to spend some time with Lex and then go and see Josh, apparently his parents were really eager to meet me and I was beyond nervous at the thought of meeting them, and then at some point through my visit I would eventually finally meet the boys too.

Lex came back through the door interrupting my thoughts with two steaming hot mugs of coffee and sat down on the sofa next to me. We drank our coffee’s talking about everything and I quickly brushed past all my not so pleasant recent experiences, I had told her over the phone of course but it’s different when you see the person face to face recalling things and so I tried my best to keep a straight face, Lex didn’t need to be constantly worrying about me, plus it was all sorted now.

We drank our coffee whilst catching up, Lex told me all about her job, and the girls who work in the same office as her, it was their job to sort through columns to go on the website for the magazine company she worked for. Lex was often put in charge of reviewing small music gigs in the local area which being a music lover, seemed the perfect job for her. I was so happy she was enjoying her job even if it was in London, 2 and half hours away from me!

After coffee’s Lex dragged me to the high street so we could go shopping for a new dress as I told her about going to meet Josh’s parents for dinner. Then we discussed meeting the guys soon which of course got her excited as You Me At Six were still her favourite band (and now I too could fan girl with her about them), so we discussed albums, songs, videos and then the boys themselves. I made a mental note to self to ask Josh to let Lex tag along; I’m sure she’d love that!

We ended up finding a really pretty dress in a small shop, it was a berry red one shoulder knee length dress with a sweetheart neckline, it had a Grecian style ruching across the bust and a small belt pulling the dress in just underneath while the skirt flared out slightly. Little beads were scattered all across the neckline of the dress and I already had matching jewellery in my suitcase so we bought the dress. Lex bought purple and red skinny jeans, a few t-shirts and cardigans and I bought a pair of black and white high top converse because my old ones were beyond worn. We had dinner in town and then went to go and watch a movie in the cinema, when we finally returned to Lex’s flat it was gone 11pm. I set up the sofa in the living room as Lex rattled around in the kitchen, I ran to the bathroom got changed and just as I returned I saw what Lex had been doing.

On the coffee table, was two cups of our own recipe chocolate orange flavoured hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, with a small plate of coffee flavoured fairy cakes. They were our sleepover classics when we were younger and seeing them there brought happy memories back from our teenage years, grinning I sat on the sofa with her, crossed legged as we talked about every random topic under the sun.

Finally at 3am, Lex staggered into her own bed and I fell asleep on my sofa bed.

***

Me and Lex spent the next day together, she showed me a little around her local area, we found a really nice cafe with a couple of cute barista’s so naturally stopped for some coffee there and then had a picnic in the park. We hired a couple of bikes and went bike riding around the park which was really nice and eventually we headed back home. I tried my dress on to check it looked alright and then Lex started doing my hair prep as the next day would be the day I met Josh’s family!! After wetting my hair, she sectioned my hair off, curling each piece around her fingers into barrels before using hair grips to keep them in place, after spraying very liberal amounts of hairspray we both ordered a pizza and crashed on the sofa watching a movie. As we were halfway through watching Made of Honour I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, I pulled it out and smiled as I saw a text message from Josh.

“hahah that’s gotta be Josh.” Lex laughed

 “Not necessarily.” I replied with my best poker face.

“have you seen the way your grinning right now?” I squinted my eyes at her feining anger and stuck my tongue out at her and opened the text message.

“Heyy Gorgeous':) xx”

“Heyy Handsome, How you doing? xx”

“im okay, ready for bed already!! Do you want me to pick you up tomorrow? xx”

“aww me too, well I have my car  so I’ll park my crappy corsa next to your Ferrari :P xx”

“hahah oh dear, that’ll be a sight! Mercedes, Range Rover, Ferrari, Bentley and then your corsa.”

“stop showing off!! laugh all you want but its a reliable car for me. anyway what time am I coming over?” xx

“uum 6 okay for you? xx”

“perfect :) I’ll cya tomorrow then!! xx

“cant wait to see you tomorrow. Goodnight gorgeous xx

“Goodnight Joshy, I love you xx”

“I love you Ally, forever and Always”

“Have you been listening to Taylor Swift again by any chance?”

“Shhhh!! it’s our little secret which you have to seal with a kiss tomorrow :p until then ... I love you Ally, Good night xx”

“haha okay, I love you Joshy good night xx”

 I put my phone back down on the coffee table infront of us and turned to watch the movie, I was starting to feel really nervous about meeting Josh’s parents now. I could feel my stomach spinning slightly, I mean what if they didn’t like me? what if they didn’t think I wasn’t good enough for Josh? I mean who am i? I’m just Ally, an unemployed student who lives in Nottingham. Josh is the lead singer of Kerrang’s Best British Band, he has released two very successful albums and toured the world. The furthest I have ever been is Europe on family holidays.

I pushed the thoughts out of my head and concentrated on the movie instead, smiling as I saw Patrick Dempsey on the screen, my mum has always had a ‘soft spot’ for him which basically means she fancies him and is just trying to be grown up about it.

As the film finished, I cleared my mind and settled onto the sofa to try and get some sleep. I really didn’t need to spend tomorrow painting concealer on to my eye bags! I have seen a picture of his mum and sister and they are gorgeous! I sat there thinking like that for another 10 minutes before I stopped myself. Come on Ally, breathe. breathe. breathe.

one sheep

two sheep

three sheep

four sheep

five sheep

six sheep

seven sheep

eight shee.. I succumbed to the darkness and felt my body relax as I fell asleep at last.