Chapter 39 (Epilogue)

A/N: Thankyou so much @chemicalcharlie for your amazingly fabulous comments on the last chapter :) they really put a smile on my face, so thankyou xx

By the time we landed in Los Angeles, went through Customs and collected our luggage, found our drivers and arrived at the house- sorry mansion- that we would be staying at it was nearly 10pm! The entire group was exhausted and jetlagged and nodding off on each others shoulders in the cars. We turned off some cul-de-sac type road onto this really private road, it only had a couple of houses on and even through the darkness I could appreciate how beautiful it was. The cars turned on to the driveway of the house that record company had let the boys borrow. It was mahoosive! It looked pretty new from the outside, with large glass windows and lots of dark wood panels set in white walls. There was a garage that actually looked big enough to house an 18 wheel truck!

After handing over some bills to the driver we all piled out, everyone so tired and grabbing their own suitcases and shuffling to the front door. Chris was the first to reach the door, he knocked on timidly and seconds later it was opened by a youngish looking man. He looked about 30 in all fairness, dressed in skinny jeans, Nike trainers and a white vneck tshirt. "hey man, you guys gotta be You Me At Six then, hey? Im Mike, im from the label, a bit like a manager or a handler, im basically the person you ring if you need anything at all during your trip here. I've left copies of the key on the kitchen counter, follow me in. I'll give you a quick tour round and then I'll be out of your hair."

Mike talks really really fast.

We all shuffled in like a precession and Mike explained about there being 6 bedrooms in the house and showed us where they all were. From the side of one of three medium sized function rooms downstairs is a spiral staircase in a stone hallway with a high ceiling. From the top of the stairs is 4 bedrooms and a hallway which also has a seating area. The next set of stairs leads to the other two bedrooms. Everyone chose their rooms, Max and Matt were taking the top two rooms, whilst Josh and I, Meggy and Dan, and Chris were taking the bedrooms on the first floor leaving a room at the end free.

It was another half an hour before Mike finished up explaining the rules 'don't break the house!' and helped us to order some pizza's for dinner and finally left. Everyone went to their rooms, our room was rather large, the walls where painted white and there was a white fluffy carpet on the floor. There was heavy black curtains and a black bedspread and rug. Little red cushions on the 4 poster bed broke the monochrome design, overall it was a really really nice room. I opened one of the doors leading off the room to find a killer ensuite!

One wall was filled with teeny tiny black, white and light grey tiles and there was a huge bathtub that filled the entire wall! The other wall held the sink and cabinets and then the far wall had the toilet.

I hopped back into the bedroom where Josh was still lying down on the bed, snoring lightly. I lifted his head gently to put a pillow underneath and then removed his shoes so atleast he could have a comfortable nap and grabbed my towel, pyjamas and washbag and headed to shower up.

I towel dryed my wet hair scraping it up into a high messy bun, removed the last bits of my makeup and contact lenses too swapping them for my glasses. I had never before worn my glasses infront of any of my friends except Josh who despite my protests insisted they were cute.

I finished up and went back to the bedroom Matt was banging very loudly at the door "Get your asses down the stairs food's here!" he shouted before running along to the next room.

 "Come on sleepy, foods here." I whispered, gently waking Josh from his sleep. He raised his head a little, squinting as he opened his eyes, rubbed his bed head even more messy and yawned. 

"you go, im too tired" he mumbled, his voice still thick from sleeping. Just as i was about to reply his belly grumbled loudly causing us both to giggle. 

"Oh you are going, and you're going to eat something because I am not listening to that all night! Come on". Josh extended his arms out and I pretended to pull him up, I kept hold of his hand as he stumbled slightly down the stairs. 

As we reached the bottom of the spiral staircase there was the oh so familiar sound of a camera shutter and out popped a grinning Max, iphone in hand. 

"Max, you fucktard! Stop doing that!" Josh groaned. Max cheekily stepped up to Josh grin still plastered on his face. 

"Why does it make Joshykins feel sad?" Max cooed. Josh raised his hand to flick Max but Max raised his arms giving Josh the perfect opportunity to trap him by using his arm like a seatbelt, over Max's right shoulder and under his left arm. 

"Does this make Maxykins feel sad?" 

I grabbed the phone and deleted the unwanted pictures just as Meggy came into the room, she reached her hand out for Max's phone so I gave it to her and we (josh, Max and I) watched as Meggy stood ontop of a kitchen table and slid the phone to the back of one of the highest cupboards.  

"Bitch!" Max exclaimed. 

"Brilliant more like" Josh countered. 

With a smug smile Meggy jumped off the counter and high fived me. I gave her a hug and she whispered "1 down, 4 to go!" 

After that, the rest of the group had joined us and we all sat in the living room, stretching out the big cosy recliner sofa's. We ate our pizza on napkins too tired to bother washing up, chatting and laughing before finally stumbling up to bed. I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow! 

Well America was going to be a lot of fun, thats for sure!