Chapter 1

Red organza curtains covered the long window on the north side of the room; the morning sunshine illuminated my already glowing bedroom; the rays bouncing off the orange walls and into my sleepy eyes. I opened my eyes to my overly flamboyant room, checked the clock on the bedside table, 7.15am.

I had recently finished college and I hadn't yet found a job so I guess some would call me a lady of leisure. It wasn't a lifestyle I was enjoying, I felt like my days didn't have ambition.

I crawled out of bed and shuffled my feet down the hallway to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and showered and shuffled back to my room in a large cream fluffy towel. I changed into an electric blue shift dress with skinny black belt, black leggings and strappy wedge sandals. The outfit looked nice; the belt nipped in the smallest part of my waist and the skirt skimmed my hips in a flattering way making me less chunky monkey and more nice and curvy.

I picked my outfit out last night because I am not a morning person; I can barely function and for god's sake don't even try to talk to me before my coffee in the morning.

I walked down the stairs, through the living room and into the kitchen, my shoes making sounds on the wooden floors, normally I would have taken them off so I didn't wake my parents, but they weren't here at the minute. In fact this was day two of my month home alone as they holidayed in the gorgeously sunny Maldives.

I searched through the cupboards to find some biscuits whilst gulping down my coffee, it was too hot and it burned my insides but within five minutes I had the caffeine buzz I craved. I walked back upstairs to do my hair and make-up and left the house half an hour later.

I walked along to the bus stop putting in my headphones, I changed the song on my phone to You Me At Six- Stay With Me, and turned the volume right up-I love that song so much! It is how I started every morning; it just got me feeling in the right mood to tackle the day.

As I boarded the bus, I noticed a man, he had his head down, covered by a black beanie hat, he was wearing sun glasses, a black and red check shirt with black skinny jeans and converse hi tops. He had a rucksack on the seat next to him, the only seat free on the bus. As I approached, he twitched lowering his head even more; I could swear he smirked at me. He didn't move his bag though, so instead I stood the entire journey into the main city centre. As we got off the bus I gave him a dirty look although I wasn't sure he saw it.

I went into every shop, pub, bar, club, library, launderette and café handing out my C.V, I was desperate for a job. I saw the rude man in the library and a shop and found myself giving him yet more dirty looks.

By 12.30pm I was sitting outside a café wondering what to order for lunch when 'he' approached me. He stood uncomfortably, shifting his weight from one foot to another. He played with hair, scrunched his nose and looked down at me.

"Um, I know you're really pissed off with me, and I'm sorry but I really want to try and make it up to you if you'll let me?" he said, he rushed his words and kept his voice low, he actually had a very attractive voice... But attractive voice or not I was pissed off with him...