[17] Broken

"Hiya guys" Mia said in her normal cheery voice, opening the door, "C'mon in" She moved out of the doorway and we entered her foyer. She was in I guess her comfy clothes which was sweats, a t-shirt and she had a messy bun on her head. "We can hang out in my room I guess" Mia said as Luke and I were looking around. I didn't expect much but her house was kind of cute. It was small but cozy.

There was an open floor plan and the walls were painted various shades of grey and blue. Pictures were framed of either herself or her family which showed a young girl, a man and a woman; who was most likely their parents.

She seemed all alone in this little house with no other person in sight, not even her grandmother or her parents. She led us up the stairs leading to a hallway with three doors. "Here we go" she said opening a door leading to a small bedroom. "Welcome to my room" she laughed jumping on her bed and sitting cross-legged.

Her bedroom wasn't much to some people but for me, I really liked it. Band posters scattered all over her walls which were painted a nice blue colour. I sat down on a chair next to her desk and Luke sat down on the bed next to her.

"So how's New York so far?" She asked breaking the silence. "It's great, I mean we have only been to the hotel but it's pretty nice" Luke said shrugging. "Cool" she said, "I have to take you, I mean you guys, to some places some time" "That'll be awesome" Luke said.

"How was Australia without me?" She asked him. "Pretty boring" he said, "Same old, same old" I fiddled with my fingers and laid back on the chair. "Surely it's not that boring" she chuckled. "It is" he said, "especially with that ass over there" He chuckled towards me, looking over. "Haha" I said in a monotone manner.

"You guys are just too cute" Mia chuckled. "Umm no" I said. He nodded, "We are not 'cute'" "You two are" she said.

I really felt like a third wheel here. I knew that he liked her a lot and she really seemed to like him. While they were talking amongst themselves leaving me out, I decided to go. I shouldn't have come anyway, I knew I would be left out because Mia was never my friend. I guess she just wanted me to feel included but I wasn't.

"I'm going to get some air" I said taking my bag and walking out of the room. "I was only joking" she said. "I know" I said, "I just want some air" I took a step out the door. "There's air everywhere stupid" Luke said. I stuck the middle finger up at him and left the room. "Feisty one that is" I heard Luke say as I left the room.

I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs. I took my phone out and looked at the time. 8:40, it said. I opened the white framed door and closed it behind me. "Nice weather today" I said to myself. It wasn't too bad here, there was a light breeze but still no snow on the ground. A disappointment to me, I really wanted to see snow...

I walked down the street and kicked a rock at times. I didn't have anything planned today, other than the fact that I'll be at Mia's house. I couldn't go home without Luke sadly because our parents expected us to go home together. Plus I don't have the money to get driven by a taxi.

As I walked down the street, I saw a small park and decided to swing a bit. I loved swinging in the park, except for that one time I fell face first to the ground because I thought I could jump off of the swing. Yeah no.

I sat down and threw my bag to the ground beside me. I swung for a bit getting my mind off things that was bothering me lately. I became very relaxed after a few minutes and tuned out the world. It was getting pretty dark out with the moon and stars shining bright.

It was a really nice night tonight. Being in New York I would've thought that it would be all tall buildings with billboards everywhere. But right now this scenery made me open my eyes and see the beauty of New York. The quiet suburban neighborhood that Mia lived in.