[39] New Looks

•Luke•

"Should I do purple or pink?" Reagan asked holding two hair dye boxes in her hands.

It was the weekend and I was out with Reagan. All the boys were out and Emily was at work. Reagan wanted to dye her hair again and here we were at the salon.

She spinned around the chair and held up the two boxes.

"I think you should go with...purple?" I said unsure and she groaned.

"Is that a question or an answer?" She sassed.

"Fine the pink?" I questioned and she was about to snap but I finalized my answer. "Pink. Dye it pink." I said sure this time.

"Are you sure, pink-"

"I am sure." I said and she shrugged excited as she spinned back facing the mirror.

I didn't expect my Saturday would be at the salon but it was better than being alone for once.

About 2 long hours later, Reagan was finally done.

She looked in the mirror and fixed her hair, satisfied.

"You asked me for my opinion and you completely ignored it, and chose the other option?" I asked, confused.

"Exactly." She answered, turning around, "I mean look at your hair."

I looked in the mirror, pulled my hand through my hair and pouted, "What's wrong with my hair?"

"I mean the fringe? You're practically hiding your face." She sassed, "You've had that hairstyle for years, right?Change is always good."

"I guess." I sighed, "But how should I style it?"

"I got the perfect idea." She said excitedly, grabbing my arm as we left the salon.

-

"So you and Emily live together?" Reagan asked, looking around our room noticing that there were pictures of Emily as well as me.

Emily and I recently redecorated the room so now we both have our own beds. It was easy because she had the same taste as me. It wasn't that hard to change the room to both of our likings.

"Yeah, our families are really close and she lost her house so we offered her and her mom if they wanted to live here." I responded, and she gasped.

"That's awful." She gasped, "Must be weird for you two sleeping in the same room together. You know, after what happened."

"I don't know. She seems fine." I shrugged.

"Remember what I said before about what 'fine' means?" Reagan questioned, "When a girl says she's fine it means-"

"She isn't." I groaned, finishing her sentence.

"Remember that the next time she says she says she's fine." She advised, "Now, we need to fix your hair. Sit."

I sat on my bed and Reagan went to the washroom to look for something. "Do you have gel?" Her head poked from the washroom door.

"Under the sink." I responded and she went back into the washroom.

She came back with a bottle of gel in her hand. "Okay Luke, let's try something new." She said squirting the gel on her hand.

She started applying the gel onto my hair and it felt really weird. I didn't really do my hair, I just woke up and made sure I didn't look like an experiment exploded in my face.

"So Luke what do you want to do after high school?" She asked, sticking her tongue out to the side of her mouth because she was concentrating.

"I want to make music. I'm in a band, so that's a start." I responded. The band has been doing really good. We created a couple of songs and we posted covers on YouTube. Other than that, we didn't go much further in becoming noticed.