[21] Parties

"You've never watched Titanic?" I said in shock as Luke and I were picking movies to watch. A week later and still Luke and I were stuck in the hotel room watching movies because we had nothing better to do.

Our mothers hadn't plan anything special for this trip other than the fact it was a 'bestie' weekend. They went shopping with each other and hung out with each other basically. There wasn't any reason to bring the both of us, but they didn't want to leave us, they wanted us to experience New York.

"I don't watch sappy girl movies" he said. "It's not a sappy girl movie" I said, "It's a romance story and young Leonardo DiCaprio is life" "Who's Leonardo DiCaprio?" He said and I literally face palmed.

"Do you live under a rock or something?" I said, "You've seen the Wolf of Wall Street right?" "Nope" he said popping the 'p'. "You've got to be kidding me" I said, "You are watching this movie" I insisted playing the movie. Luke groaned, "If they kiss once then I'm gone"

"Don't want to wreck your punk rock image?" I said. He rolled his eyes. "I am punk rock" he said, "Michael said so" "Michael says a lot of things" I said, "He said that he'd never lose his passport and then he lost it and couldn't visit his grandma last year" "What Michael said was true" he said in defense.

"Explain the giant penguin in your room" I said crossing my arms. He thought about it for a moment. "I'm not watching Titanic" he said pulling out his phone. "Wow you changed the subject" I said.

We sat in complete silence, except for the taps coming from his phone.

The silence ended when his phone started ringing. He stood up and walked away. I could hear what he was saying a little bit.

"Hey mate!" He said pacing back and forth. "I didn't know you lived here!" He said, "A party? Sounds cool" He stopped, "I'll be there in 1 hour" He shut off his phone and walked over to me.

"Wanna come to a party?" He asked me. "Pfft with you? No" I said. "Why not?" He said, "There's nothing wrong with me" "Yes there is" I said, "You'll probably just leave me there while you go partying with your friends"

"C'mon you think I'm that guy?" He said. "Yes" I said. "I won't leave you" he said, "You coming?"

"Why would I want to go to a party where I don't know anyone?" I said. "You know me" he said, "Now come on make up your mind" I contemplated and sighed. "Would you rather be here alone? Watching by yourself?"

"Whatever fine" I said getting up, "But if something happens to me, I'm blaming it all on you" I pointed my finger at him and he rolled his eyes. "Yes now hurry up" he said.

"Please" I said, "If you desperately want me to come to your stupid party let me take the time that I want" "Fine okay" he said, "Okay" He sat on the bed and took out his phone.

"What's the occasion?" I asked so I knew what to wear to this party. "Why does it matter?" He asked, "Just wear all black and go with the flow"

"It doesn't work that way Luke" I said picking out dresses from my suitcases, "Maybe for you it does but not for me" I picked up a black skater skirt and a t-shirt. "How about this?" I asked him. "I don't care" he said, "Just pick something so we can leave"

"Yes or no or I'm going to go through every single piece of clothing" I said raising up the two articles of clothing.

"Fine yes" he said, "I like it" "Thank you" I said. "Wear it with your black vans" he said, "I like them" "Of course you do Luke" I said, "Thats the only thing you like that I own"

"Yes and that black and red flannel you own" he smirked. "Ha ha ha" I sarcastically said, "That's because it's yours" I picked up the black and red flannel from the suitcase and put it on. "I like it too" I said, "It's really soft"