[29] Friends Again and Crushes?

Luke

"Why am I so scared?" I said as all of us were packed in a hospital room, waiting for Emily to wake up. "You did all you can" Ms. Rowan said. "It's because you l-" "Don't say that word" I said interrupting Michael.

"What are you scared of?" Calum asked, "She's fine" "I don't know, I just have a feeling something's going to happen" I said, "That's what happens in the movies" "Well if it's that movie" Michael said, "This ain't a movie that I wanna see"

"Those movies are depressing man" Calum said, "Of course that's going to happen in those movies but this is real life" "What if she wakes up with amnesia?" I said. "And forgets all the stupid things you've done" Michael said, "It'll leave you with a fresh start"

"But some of those memories were good ones" I said. "I don't want her to lose that" "You've become soft, yeah?" Ashton said. "I have not become soft" I scoffed. The boys chuckled and I glared at them.

"Hold on she's waking up" Ms. Rowan said and we all stared at her. She blinked a couple of times until her bright green eyes became visible. She stared as us staring at her.

"Don't you know anything about personal space?" She said and we all smiled. "Seriously guys" she said and we all backed off. "I'm glad you're okay" Ms. Rowan said.

"How long was I out and why am I so hungry?" She asked and we all laughed. "Once you get out we can all go to Nando's" I said. "You read my mind Hemmings but can we go to McDonalds? I'm craving fries" she said. "Sure Hunter" I said.

"That's fine mom?" She asked Ms. Rowan. "That's fine" she said, "Just be careful because we always seem to be in this position often" "I will mom" she said, "You should thank Luke because he saved me from being roadkill"

"You're welcome" I said. "See I like this kind of Luke and Emily" Ashton said. "What kind of Luke and Emily?" Michael asked. "The friendlier kind" Ashton said, "When you're both asses to each other, it gives me a headache" "Amen to that" Calum said.

"I actually like this too" Emily said. "I do too" I said, "Let's keep it that way"

-

"How come Meredith wasn't there?" Emily asked munching on the salty fries she bought. We all looked towards Calum.

"I have no idea" he said, "She's been off lately. She doesn't return my texts or calls. It's like she disappeared" "When's the last time you've seen her?" I asked. "I don't know, last week?" He said, "I feel like there's no spark anymore"

"Then break it off" Michael said, "Man up" "It's not easy that way" Calum said. "Yes it is" Michael said smoothly, "I just did yesterday with Cassidy"

"You broke it off already?" Emily asked, "It hasn't even been a month" "Feelings go" Michael said, "Besides I found out she has this weird wig fetish" "I thought it was from her mom's salon" I said. "No she doesn't" Michael said, "and it creeped me out"

"Okay, anyways you got to break it off Calum" Emily said, "Just like I did with Jake" "He wasn't that great anyways" I said, "I heard he's a drug dealer" "He's not a drug dealer" she said, "He transferred schools because he had this big sports opportunity"

"Also know as drugs" I said. "Lukey's jealous" Calum said. "Shut up Calum" I said, "I am not jealous" "She's free on the market" Michael whispered to me. I was hoping she didn't hear that but she raised an eyebrow. "I'm going to go to the washroom" she said breaking the awkward tension between all of us.

"Way to be less obvious" I said sipping my drink. "You were being all jealous, and we couldn't stop that" Calum said, "besides Michael's right, she's free" "She's not an object you idiot" Ashton said.