[32] Wisdom Teeth

Luke

How long does this take?

I know it's a long procedure, taking your wisdom teeth out is a big thing. But they don't expect me to stay here for hours and hours, do they?

I was sprawled along the chairs, trying to find a comfortable position to lay because it's been so long and apparently I'm a giant?

I finally managed to find a decent comfortable position which resulted in me using 3 chairs against each other and my sweater as a pillow.

If I knew it was going to be this long, I would have brought something to do. But no, I have to listen to classical music because I forgot my earbuds at home. That's what you get for being late.

The little girl that was in front of us went in right after Emily did, but she went out not long after. I sighed. I've never had my wisdom teeth out but it shouldn't take this long.

I groaned, I was so bored. I needed to do something - go outside or walk around. It would be a long procedure anyway, might as well get myself a drink. I sat up and walked out the door quietly...and nobody noticed.

I high fived myself for being so smart and then regretted that because I looked like a complete idiot. Who high fives themselves?

I stood there, looking around to find the closest place I could go to and make it in time for when Emily's done with a drink in my hand.

I looked to the right. Nothing but a daycare. Lame.

I looked to my left and was greatly disappointed to see a retirement home. Again, lame. Although Emily did mention that her grandma lives there. Maybe not as lame.

Then I turned to the center. Right in front of my eyes was a Starbucks. The stereotypical white girl hangout as people might call it. I don't even understand what's so great about Starbucks. But I was parched...and desperate.

I ran over with what Calum calls my 'noodle legs' and made it to the door. I opened the door and waited in line. Great. A long line up, just what I needed. I pulled out my phone to see...that it had died. Great. Amazing. The universe loves me today.

I sighed but noticed on the screen a reflection of two girls. Both looked very familiar. I looked closely at the screen and got the perfect angle.

It was Hannah and...Meredith? What were they doing together. They were both talking at the window, sipping on their drinks. "Why are they together?" I whispered to myself.

"Can I help you?" The barista asked me. "Oh um... A bottle of water?" I said focussing on Hannah and Meredith more than what I was ordering.

"A bottle of water?" She chuckled, "If you want just water, you might as well go somewhere else, it's way too expensive here"

"Fine" I said, "I'll have a vanilla frappé" "There you go. That's what you order at Starbucks." She said, picking up a cup and a pen, "Name?"

"Luke" I said turning my head from the barista and the two in the corner. "Cute name." She whispered to herself, but I obviously heard.

"Thanks." I chuckled and her cheeks flushed red, "Veronica." I saw on her name tag. She told me the amount and I handed her the money.

I stood at the edge of the counter and leaned against the wall.

I watched her make the drink and I got to say she was cute. Perfect for Michael. I already know who I want, he surely doesn't. Her brown hair moved around as she did swiftly and her piercing green eyes met mine.