[51] Is This The End? (pt.2)

Luke

I didn't know what her plan was but I knew that whatever scheme she made up, it was not over yet. But what did she want?

"What's so great about Emily is that she is actually a nice person! Can you believe that?" I said, "She doesn't do any scheming whatsoever and that's why she's likeable to people, unlike you!"

I saw the redness in her face and the fire in her eyes. She wasn't embarrassed, she was angry. Her hands were clenched and I knew she was mad.

But then the all of a sudden redness toned down and she unclenched her hands with her mouth forming into a subtle smile. She sighed.

"I see. What was I even thinking? You could never like me, anyways Emily's got your heart, right?" She said, flatly, "I am going to go back. Those s'mores aren't going to make themselves, are they?"

She turned around and started walking out the door leaving me dumbfounded on what just happened.

What happened to the Mia I remember? The Mia who never schemed this much in her whole life, the nicest person you could ever meet. But more importantly, my best friend. Or was.

I took a deep breath and followed behind her slowly preparing myself for the constant worries of all my friends. Am I okay? I don't even know anymore.

I walked out and everyone continued chattering around the campfire like nothing ever happened. Although, once I came into sight. Their chattering stopped and they all faced me with kind eyes.

But I noticed Mia and Emily were nowhere to be found.

"Luke you're back!" Michael said, excitedly, smiling like a little child. His hands were pressed against each other as if he was about to pray.

"Hey guys." I chuckled lightly, awkwardly scratching the back of my head out of nervousness, "Sorry about my behaviour."

"It's all good, mate." Ashton said, "You've got to let out your anger somehow. It's healthy to do that."

"How's it going?" Calum asked, "Are you okay now?"

I'm really not fine at all. I just had this built up anger and I didn't want to let it out on everyone else. They didn't deserve it. They didn't deserve any of this.

"I'm fine." I lied, "Just a little frustrated about things that's all."

They all looked at me with kind eyes even though I hadn't been the most cheery person lately. It's good to know that they were still supportive and understood why I was acting that way.

But what I really wanted to tell them was Mia and I's last conversation. But by the looks of it, Mia wasn't there. Nor was Emily.

"Where's Emily and Mia?" I asked, looking around. It was quite dark outside and the moon and the stars were brightly lit in the sky. It was a beautiful sight. There I go again, I'm becoming soft.

"Mia wanted to talk to her about something." Calum said, "She did seem pretty mad though, what did you guys talk about?"

I panicked. Mia did seem a little bit calm after our little encounter but I was worried that because of what I said about her, she might react to Emily.

What would she even do? I didn't realize that Mia was so maniacal and mischievous. But most importantly, I was worried about Emily.

"Where?" I asked, "Did she say where they were going?"

"The pier." Meredith said, "Why? Did something happen? Is Emily in trouble?" She looked as worried as I was. I wanted to tell her and everyone about what happened and why I was so worried but I needed to find Emily because when Mia gets mad, you never know what's going to happen.