0.4

0.4 - Diners

::Emily

"Are we even close to getting home?" I whined, "This is not the short way home. It feels like its been forever."

"Hunter, just shut up." Luke said, "I can't concentrate on the road if I keep hearing your complaining which by the way is so annoying."

I sighed and looked out the window. Maybe if I distracted myself from something other than Luke's obnoxious face or the fact that we are lost, maybe time will go by faster. But, I saw nothing. It was too dark to even see the trees outside.

So, I turned up the radio instead and found a channel where green day's song played. Which did happened to distract me long enough from the fact that we were lost. I knew Luke knew we were lost but, just didn't want to admit it.

"We're lost." I said, "I know you won't tell me but I know you know."

"Okay I won't tell you." He shrugged, focusing on the road. "We're not lost."

"Well then, now what?" I said, rolling my eyes, "I know that we are lost and you just don't want to admit it but, this is all your fault and we are never going to make it home tonight."

"My fault?" He said in annoyance, scrunching his eyes at me.

"Who's the one driving?" I sassed and Luke huffed, continuing to drive. "I win."

"Please just stop bothering me so I can drive." He said, "It's already dark, I don't need any other distractions."

"So I'm a distraction to you?" I questioned, "Do you even know where we are?"

"You just keep talking and never stop. Of course I know where we are. We're somewhere." Luke said, confidently. "But we're not in the middle of nowhere. I know that."

"Moron." I said, crossing my arms. "Just admit it."

"If you're so worried about where we are, why don't you just go on that maps app or something?" He said, pointing to my phone.

"No wifi, Hemmo." I said, shaking my phone, "We are in the middle of nowhere."

"Fine. Is there any service?" He asked.

"If there was service I would have called someone already." I said, rolling my eyes, "You are literally the most idiotic person ever."

"I'm sorry that you think you're such a smartass all the time. I was just asking a question and I don't need you to talk back to me all the time." He said, as we started moving slower and slower. Then, we eventually stopped. "Uh-oh."

"What do you mean 'uh-oh'?" I asked, "Why did we stop?"

"This is when you are an idiot. We have no more gas." Luke said, trying to turn on the engine but nothing was working.

"I am not the idiot here. You didn't get gas. This one deserves a slow clap." I said, clapping slowly, "Why do I even have to say it again? This is your fault."

"Please shut up." He said, ignoring me and walking out of the car to lift the hood of the car to see what was wrong. A puff of smoke came out of the car and Luke coughed at the smoke entering his lungs.

"It's frigging dark now, we have no cell service or wifi and we can't drive home." I said, walking out of the car, "Why shouldn't I be freaking out here?"

"Why don't you state the obvious?" Luke said, closing the hood and walking towards me, leaning against the side of the car, "This could actually be all your fault."