0.8

0.8 - Nerd

::Emily

I walked off the bus all by myself. Usually Luke would be here and bother me about how I look like shit today or something stupid I did before, but today it was silent. I kind of liked the silence without Luke's annoying voice or annoying face, it made my day start off great.

I walked to the front of the school where I would usually meet the guys. But they weren't there. They're probably late, I thought. They would usually be anyway. I looked at my phone. 7:50, it read. School started in half an hour. I had enough time to hang around and listen to music.

I plugged my earbuds into my ears and listened to the loud music, All Time Low, 'Walls' specifically, and jammed out. I probably looked like a weirdo bopping my head to the beat and silently mouthing the words to the song. Which did give me some looks from people passing by. I didn't give a shit what they thought anyway, it was always like that.

I decided to go to my locker and get my books for the day. I wonder where the guys were. Usually they wouldn't be this late or they would have texted me. I shrugged it off and kept on walking. The crowd of students suddenly flooded into the hallway and I had to push and shove people out of the way.

In this school, saying 'move please' politely won't work at all, you need to physically shove people out of the way. Seems kind of dangerous but I'm used to it. Especially being a little bit over 5 foot, I had always looked like I was in year 9.

"Hey, watch it!" I heard someone say. Hannah. Who else could it have been. I don't understand what Hannah's problem with me is. I've known her since preschool and still she's on my nerves. I don't understand what Luke ever saw in her.

"Hey, Hannah? You mind pissing off." I snarled back, "Give me and everyone a break. No one likes your bitchy attitude."

"Oh. I thought we were friends, Emily?" She said, "Whatever happened to the good old days when it was you, Luke and I? Oh, wait...I'm dating him now!"

"Do you think I give a damn about you and Luke dating?" I asked, "I don't even care about him or you anymore."

"That makes me a little sad." She said, faking a tear. She walked up to me a bit closer. "But, I got all I needed."

"What are you talking about- nevermind." I said, as she walked away. I didn't know what she was talking about but, it probably was for her schemes that I didn't want to be apart of.

I turned around and found papers flying everywhere and a huge thud was heard. I looked down and saw a girl on the ground retrieving all her papers. "Sorry." I apologized, quickly. "I'm literally a klutz."

"It's okay." The girl said, picking up her textbooks. I managed to retrieve all the flying papers and handed it to her she flipped her short brown hair over her shoulder and put her glasses up to the bridge of her nose.

"Sorry again." I said, "I wasn't focused enough-"

"It's fine." She laughed, "Thanks for picking the papers up though, usually people would ignore me or run away. But, I'm as much of a klutz as you think you are."

"Don't worry, not all people are bad at this school, well most of them are but there are some that aren't." I blabbered on and on, "I haven't found them yet but there here somewhere. What class do you have now?"

"Music, I think." She said, looking at her timetable. "I'm actually not sure where it is though."

"I have music too!" I said, "Ms. Marion?"

She nodded. "I can show you where it is because that is where I'm going. I'll introduce you to some of my friends. At least you'll know some people around here on your first day."