[30] This is the Beginning

Emily

I looked at Luke and he looked back at me nervously. "Geez Luke it's okay" I chuckled, "It'll only be one second and it won't mean a thing" He chuckled nervously then stared back at me.

"Let's give him a countdown, yeah" Ashton suggested and I nodded. "C'mon guys I don't need a countdown" Luke chuckled. "1, 2, 3!" They all chanted and I gave Luke a peck on the lips. It was quick but it made a big impact on Luke because he just grinned.

The boys chanted and did wolf whistles, but I just looked at them. "What?" I asked, "Why is everyone freaking out?" I looked at all of them but they just had big smirks plastered across their faces. "What?" I asked and looked at Luke.

"Nothing" he managed to blurt out, "I have no idea why they are" "Okay" I replied, "Moving on"

-

The truth or dare session lasted for about half an hour consisting of Michael eating 5 pieces of pizza in 3 minutes, Calum having to run down the street in his underwear, Ashton prank calling his mom that he was in jail and other truths and dares we'd never expect to do.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow at school!" I yelled to the boys as Luke and I walked over to his house. "What was up with that?" I blurted out breaking the silence between us. "I don't know what you are talking about" he smoothly said, but I knew he was lying.

"I know you're lying to me" I whined, slowing down the pace of our walking. "Maybe I am but maybe the boys weren't fond of you kissing me?" He questioned. "But that doesn't change the fact that you were as red as a tomato" I pointed out.

"I was not" he exclaimed. "Whatever you say" I swiftly said running up the stairs to Luke's porch. He opened the door and we both saw my mother and his chatting away at the table.

"Hey mom" I said taking my shoes off, "What's up?" "I was just talking to Liz about the room arrangement" she said taking a sip of her drink. "There is not enough rooms for your mom and yourself" Mrs. Hemmings started, "You will have to share a room if that's okay" "That's great" I exclaimed, "As long as we have a place to live, I'm fine"

"Can't Emily stay in my room?" Luke asked and we all looked towards him, "I have an extra mattress in my room" "But I thought you two hated each other" my mother said, "I don't want to hear arguments in the middle of the night"

"We're fine now" I explained, "We are friends now hopefully for a longer time" Luke nodded and we both looked at our mothers for approval. "This will show our true friendship?" I questioned hoping they'll agree. I was not against sleeping in Luke's room, I mean we were just friends right?

"Okay fine" Mrs. Hemmings finally agreed, "But don't do anything you're not supposed to do" "Yes mom" Luke whined. "You too Emily" my mother chuckled. "Yes mom" I chuckled along with her. My mom knows that I'm not the type of person to do anything I'm not supposed to.

"Um mom?" I asked, "Where are all of our stuff?" She put her hands together. "You need to get your stuff from the old house" she explained, "Luke can help you since you two are now friends"

"Sure" Luke agreed, "besides you'll need help carrying all the heavy stuff" "Are you saying I'm weak?" I frowned sarcastically. "I'm saying you need these muscles to help you" he said showing me his 'guns'. "What muscles?" I questioned. He smiled, "Ha ha ha now let's get a move on"

"It's good to see you guys like this" Mrs. Hemmings smiled, "I bet everyone agrees that you guys gave all of us a headache" My mom laughed, "Maybe you'll be more than friends?"

"Emily is a good girl for Luke, wouldn't you say so?" Mrs. Hemmings pointed out to my mom. "Luke is a good boy for Emily too" my mom said as the both of them agreed together while looking at the two of us.