0.6

0.6 - Dates

::Emily

"Now to the left." I said, directing Jake to the direction of my house. "There that house."

He pulled up into my driveway and we both walked up to the door, as I took the keys out of my bag. "Mom?" I yelled, once I entered the house with Jake following behind me.

"In here! Just making cupcakes,-" She walked out of the kitchen with flour on her apron and on her hands, "What type of icing do you want? Vanilla or- Who's this?"

"I'm Jake." He waved, "I'll be taking your daughter on a date."

"I've never seen you with my daughter before." She said, "I had always expected Luke to be her first date but, I guess you'll do. Well, have fun. Where to?"

I face-palmed as she stopped blabbering. Sometimes she just likes to embarrass me or she just does it on purpose.

"I would tell you." He chuckled, "But it's supposed to be a surprise. But, I might as well tell you and not her because that would be rude of me."

He walked up to her and whispered the secret location. He walked back by my side and she shrugged. "I see." She said, "Well, I'm giving you kids a curfew and that is 11:00. Jake be sure she is home by then, unless you want to deal with me after."

I knew she was joking around but, I didn't know if he knew that...

"I'm going to change." I said, turning around to walk up the stairs, "It'll be a few minutes. 5 at the most."

I looked around in my room for a decent outfit to wear. What would you usually wear on a date? I've never been on one so I wouldn't know. That makes me sound like such a loser. But, it was true. I looked through my closet to pick out what I would usually wear because who really cares.

I picked out a pink sweater with black jeans. I quickly put the clothes on and looked at the mirror. Something didn't seem right. I changed the black jeans to a black skirt. I looked back in the mirror, nope still not right.

I changed the pink sweater to a band tee. I tucked it in and looked back in the mirror. Perfect. I grabbed my Doc Martens and threw them on. I put on some makeup for the occasion but not anything noticeable. Just mascara and eyeliner.

I ran downstairs to hear my mom and Jake talking. "You seem like a nice boy." My mother said, "It was great to meet you. Have fun you two!"

"Bye mom love you." I said, "I'll see you at 11:00."

"Wow." I laughed, "My mom is so embarrassing. I don't know, sorry about that Hemmo thing. My mom and his mom had this plan that we would be dating by high school. But, it kind of went of course right from the beginning."

"Nah, probably not as embarrassing as my dad." He chuckled, "I brought home a girl once and he said 'Oi! Jake's brought a girl home, that's a first'. But she's just doing what a mom would do."

"Embarrass her children in front of every guy?" I said, "She's never like that with Hemmo and my other friends."

"She's just trying to protect you." He said, getting into the car. "For all you know, I could be an axe murderer. But, Hemmo?"

"I know you're not one." I said, "Hemmo is just what I call Hemmo because we don't like calling each other by our first names. It's just weird."

"You mean Luke right? I'm not keeping up." He asked, "Your mom is really fond of him."

"She's just known him for a while, a long time, and she sees good in him." I explained, "I don't. But, enough of Luke, it's just you and me tonight. Where are we going?"