0.5

0.5 - Tutor

::Emily

"Emily! Where have you been?" My mother asked, as I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen. "I've been so worried when you came home so late and you didn't call me telling me where you were last night." The tone in her voice suddenly changed to a more caring tone.

"Hemmo was supposed to drive me home yesterday after detention. Then stuff kind of happened." I started to explain, looking into the refrigerator for something to eat for breakfast.

"Hemmo? You mean Liz's son, Luke? The one you hate." She asked, already knowing the answer. "You see I don't understand why you don't call each other by your first names."

She knew about Luke because I would always rant to her about how Luke was a complete ass to me and she'd understand. She knew the Luke I was always talking about was also Liz's son.

"Yeah, him." I said, yawning. "We just don't like calling each other by our first names because we hate each other that much. He calls me Hunter and I call him Hemmo because Hemmings is such a long name."

"Okay..." She said, "What about the stuff that happened? What kind of stuff?"

"As I said before, Luke was supposed to drop me off home after detention. Which was not my fault by the way." I started, "He needed to get something from the store and then after he says that there was a short way home which ended up being a longer way home and we got lost."

"So you're saying that it is all his fault?" She said, and I nodded. Finally someone agrees that Luke is the problem!

"Yes, then we found this diner after arguing and this girl let us stay at her house." I continued, "Then Mrs. Hemmings picked us up the next morning. But, do you know how I got here? I don't really remember." 

She looked at me and shook her head. "Actually, no." She said, "I just saw you here this morning and I didn't see or hear anyone else come through the door. I just know that you were gone last night and you didn't call me." 

"Oh." I said, expecting more of an answer that she gave. But, I do still  wonder how I got here. "I guess I was that tired that I forgot about how I got here. Anyways, I'll be late for the bus. Gotta go, love you."

I grabbed my backpack and ran outside to the bus-stop. Good thing that it was right across from my house so that I didn't have to walk that far.

Again getting closer to December it was getting colder and colder, and yet again I always forget to bring my stupid sweater. I groaned at the time noticing the bus was coming in 2 minutes. So I had no time at all. I didn't want to be late to school again. Especially 2 days in a row.

But then I looked into my bag for any extra clothes that I may have somewhere in this blackhole filled with stuff. All there was, was Luke's flannel. I remember using it yesterday and it always ends up in my hands. 

I scrunched my nose at the smell coming from it; cheap cologne and Luke sweat. Even if I've worn it, it still smelled like him. I guess that'll have to do for now. 

"Damn, you look hot in my clothes, Hunter." I heard a certain voice say as I turned around to see a red-nosed giant.

"Hello, Rudoplh." I chuckled, pointing at his nose and he cross-eyed staring at my finger. "You already said that yesterday and still it will never work. Also, what are you supposed to be doing here?"

"Harsh. But, as you know I have no car and now I need to take the bus." He explained, "How'd it go in the Hunter household?"

I shrugged, "My mother was just okay that I was home." I started, "But, I don't actually know how I got inside my room anyways. Isn't that weird?"