[26] Liar

(skipped the airplane part entirely sorry ew I'm a bad author)

"I'm glad to be back" I said sitting on my bed. "I'm so glad too," Meredith said, "I mean I love the boys to pieces but its nice to finally have a girl around instead of all the boys."

"What did you end up doing?" I laughed. "We played Fifa and we went to Nando's and did other stuff" she said. "Sounds exciting" I said. "What did you do in New York?" she asked eagerly, "I want to know everything"

I know Mia told me to stay away from Meredith for whatever reason, but I don't see why. She's a really nice girl and she is my only friend that's a girl here, as sad as that sounds.

"Well" I started, "It was amazing. I broke my ankle, but I'm totally fine now. I went ice skating with Luke, and then I had pizza with Luke, then I got into trouble because of Luke-" "Seems like you did a lot of things with Luke" she pointed out, "Anything going on?"

"No" I said, "Absolutely not. He's a giant asshole" "Didn't seem like that" Meredith said. "He's so bi-polar" I said, "One minute he's friendly, the next he's a giant asshole"

"Seems complicated" she said. "It is" I said, "I can't keep up with all his mood swings" "I didn't realize he was so complicated" she said. "Well when you have to stay in the same room as him, you think otherwise" "You guys slept in the same room as each other?" she asked surprised. "Nothing happened" I said to answer a question that was going to pop up some time.

"You know we should do something to get your mind off of things" she said and started thinking, "We should do something today" "Today?" I asked, "I'm kind of tired" "We need some girl time together, I miss my best friend" she pouted, "We can go to the mall, get some Starbucks, go shopping?"

I shrugged, "Fine, I do need to get my mind off of things and I do need to go shopping anyway" "Yay!" Meredith says and pulls my arm. "Woah" I said, "I need to look presentable" "You're fine" she said, "We have to go" I took her word for it and followed her down the stairs into her car.

-

"That was actually really fun, I got to admit" I said holding my bags as we sat in Starbucks. "See I told you" Meredith said, "And we got a few cute things too" "I know realize that I need new clothes" I said. "I did too. I even started borrowing Calum's clothes" she admitted.

"You two are the absolute perfect couple. I am in fact jealous" I said. "Aw it's okay you'll find that perfect guy someday" she said. "I hope he's close" I said, "I'm tired of looking" "Don't worry" she said, "I'll be back, I need to go to the little girls room"

She took her bags and walked off to the washroom whilst I sat there taking sips of my coffee.

"Well the bitch is back" I heard a voice say. "What do you want Hannah?" I asked annoyed. "It's not what I want it's what you want" she smirked. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You know what I'm talking about" she said and pulled out a notebook.

"What's that?" I asked. "I heard that you wanted to find out more about Luke" she threw the book on the table. "What's in it for you?" I asked. "Nothing" she said, "I just want to make amends with my friend" "One we are not friends and two why do you want to 'make amends' with me?" I questioned.

"Look just take the book" she said, "It'll give you a hint of why I even took it in the first place" I looked at the book and back at her, "And this is not going to blow up in my face?" "I can't make any promises" she said leaving. "But-" I said but she waved her hand goodbye as she left the store.

I held the book in my hand. Should I keep it? Or should I give it to Luke? Why is this such a hard decision? It does have all my answers. I sighed and decided just to keep it for a little while and then return it.