1.1

1.1 - Heartbreaks

::Emily

"So what's going on with you and Luke?" Calum asked, "I saw you coming out of his house the other day and I never had time to ask you about it." 

"Calum you are delusional. Nothing's happening between us and nothing will ever happen because I hate him with all my heart." I explained, "For the house thing, I was locked out of my house and there was a giant storm so Luke offered for me to stay at his house. It was no biggie." 

"Sure." He smirked, "Let me guess, you guys slept in the same room? A little birdie told me that you slept so soundly together." 

"It was Luke wasn't it?" I asked, already knowing the answer, "Calum, seriously it didn't mean anything. Whatever else he said, he was lying." 

"All I know is you two slept in the same bed together when you two 'supposedly' hate each other." Calum said, "You know I'm always rooting for you two."

"Why, though?" I asked, "He already has a girlfriend who is the wicked witch. She's evil and I don't even know why she even hates me so much. I didn't do anything to her." 

"You know there's a reason for everything." He said, "But, that's for Luke to tell you, not me because it's not my story to tell. So don't ask me to tell you."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. Now Calum has made me more curious because he wouldn't tell me anything about the Hannah situation. 

"You're a really good singer, y'know?" I turned to see Luke walking up to me with his hands in his pockets. "This time I actually mean it." 

"Thanks." I said, genuinely. "I'm actually surprised that you actually are good too. I've never heard you sing before." 

"Well thank you, Hunter." He said, "I've never heard you sing either-"

"See you guys are always talking. Now, it's becoming nicer than it usually is." Calum said, interrupting us. "You see what I told you Luke, and also Emily, you guys are slowly becoming a cou-" 

"Shut up Calum." Luke said, putting his hand against Calum's mouth, sounding annoyed, "Don't say anything more or you might just regret it."

"What? I'm just saying." Calum said, backing off. "You two are just starting to be nice to each other. It's getting better and maybe soon, you two will be friends."

-

"Have you seen Mere around?" Calum asked, at the end of last period. "I mean so we can all meet up before class and all be together."

"Sure." I smirked, looking over at Luke, "Worried about Mere, huh?"

"Ooo Calum." Luke said, as we both moved closer to Calum, "Does someone got a crush on little ole Meredith."

"Shut up." Calum said, blushing. "I'm just wondering where our friend is. What makes you think that I like her all of a sudden? You guys are crazy." 

"Hey guys." Meredith said, walking over to us. I turned around and raised an eyebrow. She looked completely different. She didn't have her glasses on and wore some makeup. She even curled parts of her hair. I think she might have taken my advice.

"Yeah you look beautiful." Calum said, quickly regretting what he just said. "I mean not that you don't look nice everyday-but you look differently nice today." I saw Calum blush. Now another thing I can annoy him about. 

"Thanks Calum." She smiled at him. "Emily, I took your advice and changed my look a bit, is it okay?"

I didn't expect her to change her look entirely but I mean if she felt like it would boost her confidence and make her feel a lot better about herself, then it might be worth it.