[15] Unexpected

"Flight 125 to New York boarding" A lady said into the speaker. I looked up from my phone and took out my earphones. "That's us" Mrs. Hemmings said, "We better get going" The four of us walked to our boarding station which was the fifth one.

I managed to finish my venti drink, yes venti drink, and threw it into the nearest garbage and got it in. "Baller" I whispered to myself. "What is a 'baller'?" Luke said with a disgusted look on his face. "You are just jealous I have mad basketball skills" I said.

"Throwing garbage into a can is not 'mad basketball skills'" he said, "It's called throwing garbage into a can" "Whatever" I said. "Plus a venti?" He said, "Too much coffee for your system" I glared at him, "And I care because..." "Just saying" he said.

I walked over to my mom and sweetly asked, "How long is the flight?" She smiled, "20 hours" "20 hours on a plane?" I said with fear. I had a fear of airplanes and being on one for twenty hours wasn't exactly my thing.

"I know you hate planes" she said, "but you'll be fine, you have your phone right? It could put your mind off of it" "I guess so" I said looking to the ground. "You'll be fine baby girl" she said giving me a hug, "Plus I'll sit beside you, how's that?" I nodded and we continued walking.

"Why don't you hang out with Luke?" She said, "You two will be spending a lot of time together so you might as well be on good terms with each other" "I don't think so mom" I said, "I can stay with you" "C'mon Emily" she said, "Make some friends" I lightly nudged my mom.

"But Luke?" I said, "C'mon mom, the guy hates my guts and I don't even know why" We made it to the station and gave the man our tickets. "Just be nice to him Emily for our sake" She said. I then turned around so I was now behind her and Mrs. Hemmings

"Wow" I said to myself. "I may or may not have overheard your conversation there" Luke said with one earbud out of his right ear. "Privacy much" I said raising an eyebrow, "I won't be nice to you, if that's what you think" He frowned, "That's not what I meant" "What did you mean?" I said annoyed.

"I heard that your afraid of planes" he smirked. "What?" I said exaggerated, "Me? Afraid of planes? No..." "Yeah you are afraid of being so high up in the air. Then we are going to crash down to the ground and psssh" he said showing an explosion with his hands.

"Shut up" I said crossing my arms, "Go back to your music" "Fine" he said plugging in his earbuds.

"Luke can you help me and Mrs. Hunter with the bags" Mrs. Hemmings said to Luke. "Sure Mum" he said in monotone. "Emily you can find your seat and we'll meet you there" She said to me. "Okay" I said.

We made it on the plane and Mrs. Hemmings, my mom and Luke stayed behind while I went to our dear because they had to deal with the luggages.

"Welcome to Air Australia" The flight attendant said to me. I smiled and nodded because what was I supposed to say? 'You too'? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

I looked at my ticket. Seat 16A. I walked over passing seat 10, 12, 14, 16! I took my seat in the window seat and saw the wing of the plane. It looked pretty cool if you ask me but I hated being on planes. If you were up in the sky the view would be great but you are up hundreds of feet in the sky.

Nonetheless I though airplanes were terrible. I hated when the plane would go up or go down; I just hated that at those moments you can't feel anything. (If you get that) But going to New York during Christmas would be amazing and finally seeing snow? Amazing.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a voice call. "This is my seat, Luke" I snarled at him. "I thought we were going to be in different rows" he said, "My seat is 16B" "That's what I thought to" I said. "Mom?" I called to my mom who was putting the luggage in the compartment overhead of us.