[42] No More Secrets

Emily

"I kind of like your hair like this." I said, pulling my fingers through Luke's hair.

We were sat at the park on another one of Luke's dates. Each and every time they got better and better. Although, I didn't know what to give him in return.

He gave his time and effort into all of these dates and the promise ring that I didn't know whether or not, I'm giving my all into the relationship.

I felt bad about this and really wanted to address this with him. But on the other hand, I didn't want to ruin our date with a lecture or a possible argument.

"I like your hair too." He said taking a lock of it and twirling it, "I can take the end and pretend I have a moustache." He chuckled as he put the lock of hair under his nose to resemble a moustache.

"You are such a dork." I giggled as he started making faces, that were just too cute not to laugh at.

"You don't know how happy I am right now." He said looking up at me.

I blushed, my cheeks turning a crimson colour as he straighten up. He sat next to me with the blanket still covering us.

"No I'm serious." He said, holding my hand, "You make me really happy."

"Are you sure we're not taking this too fast?" I asked, looking into his eyes. I looked down at my lap and back at him, "I mean, we only went on a couple dates and now we're promised to love each other forever."

"But we've know it for so long. Just because now we can officially be known as a couple, it doesn't mean that what we felt about each other before is any different." He exclaimed.

"Besides, I don't think that we're going too fast." He continued, making circles in my palm with his finger, "I got to admit that all that anger towards you, really was just a way for me to talk to you."

"You really did make an effort to ruin my life." I chuckled, "But really those pranks and jokes that you and Hannah did towards me, didn't really make me laugh."

He frowned, probably embarrassed by the fact that he had hurt me in such a way.

"For everything I've done to you," he said in a apologetic manner, "I'm sorry I was such an douchebag."

"That's okay. It wasn't really your fault anyway." I assumed, remembering that Hannah had a part in this.

"Hannah was the one behind all those stupid pranks. I was just there." He said, ashamed, "I didn't know that it hurt you. You did a pretty good job at hiding it."

I nodded, "You never show that you're hurting because they can use that against you."

"Okay. No more secrets between us." Luke said, "That just leads to more trouble that will make us hate each other again. I don't want that."

"I agree. I like not hating you." I agreed, "Less drama in my life. I've had enough of that."

"Speaking of no more secrets," Luke said getting up and moving over to his black bag that he brought, "I wanted to show you something." He brought his bag over and placed it onto his lap.

He looked through his bag thoroughly, and picked out a small notebook with the binding almost broken. The pages looked torn and it looked very old.

"This is my notebook, as you know." He said, waving it in front of me and then placed it in front of me, "I want you to read it. No more secrets right?"

"But Luke this is private-"

"No, I was going to ask you to read it sooner or later anyways." He said, "Go ahead."