[46] Happy Endings

Emily

"Are we there yet?" Michael yelped like a whiny child, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" He kept repeating the same phrase until someone answered him. But it wasn't what he was looking for.

"Michael, seriously shut up." Reagan said, as she stopped banging the back of her head against the chair, "We are probably close. It's been like two hours."

"That still doesn't answer my question." He said, "Ash are we there yet?" He asked Ashton, who looked at the GPS one more time. "Yes Mike, we are close." He said, in an emotionless manner.

"Finally peace and quiet." Luke said, closing his eyes falling into a deep sleep. Until...

"Meredith. Can you please stop kicking my seat?" Calum hissed, as he turned around to face Meredith. Her arms were crossed and she looked out the window, ignoring Calum.

After a couple of seconds, she finally turned to face him and gave him a disgusted stare.

"I'm not kicking your seat, Calum." She scoffed, taking off one side of her headphones, "Or is it because you don't trust me."

She turned her head to the side, emphasizing the word 'trust'. She placed it back on her ear and continued to look out the window.

Calum scoffed in anger furrowing his eyebrows as he frowned, taking one last glance at Meredith before looking forward to what was in front of him. Luke turned his head to face me and I looked at him with a confused expression.

Meredith and Calum still didn't speak that much to each other at all yet which worried me because I didn't want them to throw their whole relationship away for this one mistake.

Whenever they did speak to each other, it was constant arguing and bickering which made all our ears bleed.

However, they were speaking to each other, which was progress, but not in the right way.

"Please do something." He whispered to me, "Everyone's tired of their bickering." I looked at him with an 'are you kidding me?' look and his mouth turned into a flat line. I gave in and rolled my eyes turning to Meredith.

"Meredith please stop kicking Calum's seat." I whispered to her. She looked at me with a angry expression as she kicked his seat one more time before turning to face me.

"Don't tell me you are taking his side?" She asked, "Of course everyone takes his side." "Meredith spare us please, you are kicking his seat." I retorted, putting my headphones back on and cancelling out all the noise, "And I'm not taking anyone's side."

"How about we listen to some soothing music, yeah? I think you guys need it." Ashton offered, cranking up the radio.

"DON'T WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIO-"

"Okay how about we don't listen to the radio." He said, chuckling silently, switching the radio off.

-

We arrived at our destination about 10 minutes later and thank God for that. I seriously couldn't stand all this bickering but it did remind me of a time when Luke and I would bicker and argue all the time. Was this how everyone else felt around us?

"Thank the Lord." Calum said as he opened the door on his side. "More like thank the heavens that I am out of that car with you." Meredith hissed, causing Calum to stop to calm himself down.

"What is your problem? I said I was sorry to you but you left and now you're acting like Michael when he doesn't get his pizza." Calum said furiously which made Meredith scoff.