[44] New Places, Old Faces

Emily

"When will that stupid clock turn?" Luke asked hitting his head against his desk, waiting for the bell to ring to signify the start of spring break.

"If you keep that up, you will get a concussion." I joked, patting the top of his head. Luke sighed, turning his face to the side, from the table.

"Ha ha ha." He joked, bringing his head up to face me, "I just really want to get out of this place. I want to go home. Everyone's going to be there and we're stuck here." He leaned his head on my shoulder and pouted, curling his lips and I chuckled.

"You're adorable when you're mad." I cooed and he shook his head in response, "We only have ten minutes left. Can't you spare ten minutes of your 'busy' schedule?"

"Excuse me, Emily May Hunter, I am not adorable. I'm hot." He exclaimed and I looked at him in disbelief.

"Oi! Don't sass me boy." I joked, causing Luke to nudge me in the shoulder, "Fine. You, Luke Robert Hemmings, are hot like the sun-"

His face perked up and he smiled, facing the ceiling, moving his shoulders because he thought that was a compliment.

"You are so hot, that you burn my eyes with your ugliness." I smirked and he shoved me over playfully. "I'm sorry you had to hear the truth." I laughed and his lips turned into a firm line.

"I can't say anything bad about you because you are perfect, Em." He frowned, moving his arm over my shoulder, pretending to yawn. A cliche romantic gesture in any movie you could ever find. Good job Luke Hemmings, good job.

"A-dor-able!" I chanted, "You can't deny it."

"I can deny it and I am denying it. I'm not adorable." His eyebrows went together and he pouted like a 5-year old who wanted candy.

"Who could say no to this wittle face?" I cooed, pinching his cheeks and booping my finger on his nose. He frowned crossing his arms in a joking manner and turned the other way, giving me the 'silent treatment' but I knew he couldn't last.

"Okay everyone, I have something to say!" Mrs. Morgan called and everyone faced towards her, "We have one new member joining us today, and she will become our understudy for Juliet since Hannah is no longer here. She has come all the way from New York City and I hope you all welcome her."

We all looked towards the door and it opened revealing a girl about our age, who I could recognize anywhere.

"Everyone, welcome Mia Clarke!" Mrs. Morgan said and Mia was revealed except now her long, brown hair was cut short to her shoulders. I didn't even know she was in town or even was in the country.

"Emily! Luke!" She called as she ran up to us into a big group hug. "I can't believe your here, Mia." Luke said, "But how?"

"We finally got enough money to move back to Australia." She explained, after letting us out of the group hug. "My grandma decided that we should move to Australia to be with you guys. She saw how much you guys meant to me and wanted us to be closer."

"That's great, Mia!" I exclaimed, "We have to catch up and talk about everything especially with the boys."

"I'm really excited to see them again." She said, "I haven't seen them in so long! How's Calum? Does Michael still have a fringe? I can't wait to see them- wait how's Hannah?"

She emphasized mostly on Hannah and I wanted to forget the memory. Hannah had such a big impact on all of our lives and she never seemed to be forgotten in any way. Her name appeared everywhere, it was like she was never gone.