Capitol XXV

The room felt cold all of a sudden, Alathea's body temperature had dropped, itching to look for warmth. Her whole skin was prickling in anticipation, wanting to reach for Stellan. She quickly slapped the thought and had to violently grasp her left hand, which was trying to reach for him, the sole man inside room.

Stellan's fear was present in his eyes. He could not simply find himself reaching out to help her. Instead, he was moving backwards, away from her. He had never seen anything like her before, her skin and eyes were shifting like a snake's. She was squirming and keeping her body glued in the wall. He could clearly see that she's experiencing something painful. He wanted to help her but how could he when he, himself, is afraid to even stare at her.

Looking away, Stellan pushed himself into a corner. He crouched down and hug himself for protection. He had already experienced enough. He was kidnapped, sold off, raped, and used as a sex toy in exchange for money. Was it his fault that he was born poor? That he had no power or money? Is he the one to blame that destiny had given him such a hard life? Is he just going to die like this?

A small groan went out of Alathea's lips as she felt a stinging pain between her legs, her body was clearly eager to mate. With her tired eyes, she looked by Stellan's direction and said, "I'm sorry, Stellan, that you had to see this ugly side of me". She tried to sit comfortably but another groan went out from her mouth "You see, this is a curse I got from the goddess. In exchange of power, in exchange of changing my own destiny, she bestowed me this curse"

"why?" Stellan asked after a few minutes of silence

"Because the goddess believed that I am the chosen one, who will change this country for good. Placing a bet on me yet I had to pay the price" Alathea let out a small smile, she took a deep breath and looked up at the ceiling, carefully analyzing the details of the paintings on it, hoping to at least keep her body's desire out of her mind

"I guess the goddess is cruel" Stellan mumbled between his breaths, tightening his arms around him "for her to put us in this kind of situation"

Letting out a small laugh, Alathea added "a snake monster and a sex slave. Was she cruel?" her question cut him off guard, his emerald eyes quickly made its way on her serpent ones "I'm still glad to have met you, Stellan. Even though I do not know you personally, I can tell you have a good heart. The goddess may have a reason why she brought us in here" she let out a small smile

"What do you—" Stellan's question was cut off when the door suddenly opened. A black-haired man, probably taller than him, entered the room with a sword in his hand. In fear, he moved closer to the wall, but the man didn't seem to give him a glance. His blue eyes immediately fell to the woman who was sitting beside the doorway. Tailing him, three more men went inside and took Stellan from the other side of the room. He tried to fight them off, but he was too weak.

Placing his sword back in his scabbard, Dion quickly lift Alathea up to his arms "I'm here Thea"

Weakly looking at him, Alathea let out a small smile of relief and placed her head tiredly on his shoulder "I'm glad you made it"

"You're in pain" Dion said in a worried tone, he placed a tight kiss on her temple. Stellan stared at the two blankly "Can you hold up?" Dion asked and Alathea shook her head "Okay, give me a few seconds" Finally, Dion's ocean eyes made its way to Stellan's in a brief moment before he moved his attention to the soldiers, who are taking hold of Stellan "Take him along with the other slaves—" he stopped when he felt Alathea's hand tapping his chest

She shook her head "Treat him nicely, I still have to apologize for him. I made this mess"

With a sigh, Dion nodded at the soldiers and they quickly made their way out of the room.