Capitol XXXIX

Relief washed over their expressions as the nurse delivered them the good news. The servants shared the same excitement as they heard that their first princess had been born after several years.

While the consorts hurriedly made their way inside the room, Dion raised his hand and gave his aide a look "ring the bells, the child has been safely delivered. Send the message that the first princess has been born" the male bowed at this and immediately turned his heel to do what was tasked.

It is tradition to ring the bells when a new royalty has been birth. This sends signals from village to village that they have been blessed with a newborn child that would potentially rule over their lands.

The Empress has already been clothed and transferred to a comfortable bed to recuperate. She weakly smiles as Stellan approached her with the little bundle of joy in his arms. There was a spark of various emotions in his eyes like joy, gratitude, fear, and worry. They had tried for years, and Stellan had already given up having his child. However, he is now—holding his first precious child, his only princess—their little miracle.

Stellan moved his arms closer to Alathea so she could have a good look at the child. She didn't hesitate in caressing her tiny red cheek with her finger, leaning on Stellan's shoulder with a satisfied smile. The pain was still present all over her body, but she managed to ignore it all and prayed to the moon goddess for allowing her to deliver her first girl.

"Thank you" Stellan mumbled between his tears, pressing a tight kiss on her temple, which she gladly accepted with her eyes closed. "Thank you so much," he repeatedly said. Alathea opened her eyes and reached for his cheek, kissing him on the lips, whispering how blessed they are to have an angel in their arms.

"Thea" the two both looked to see the rest of the consorts looking all restless. A smile of relief was present as they approached her with no hesitance.

Daquan made his way towards the infant after giving Alathea a quick kiss on the forehead, whispering to her with love and gratitude. He cooed at the infant and playfully touched her little nose, which seems to get a reaction from the sleeping infant as she squirms a little to her father's cold arms.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Lynx asked calmly, giving Alathea a deep kiss on her lips. "Any pain?" he placed a hand on her abdomen, caressing it a little, which she felt a little uncomfortable. She put her hand in his and nodded despite her face looking paler.

"You're too rough, fourth imperial consort" Hikaru warned, pulling Lynx away from Alathea's side, scolding him for being less gentle to their wife who had just given birth.

Alathea's eyes widen as she finally noticed Wolf awkwardly standing nearby. He had no idea how to react at an event like this as a consort since he's relatively new to the experience. To be honest, he's a little curious about the infant that Stellan was comfortably holding. He took several glances, failing to notice Alathea's gaze in his direction.

"Liev," she gently called, which immediately got his attention. Red eyes widen as he met her warm gaze. "I'm glad to see you safe" Hikaru immediately went by her side to assist her as she carefully moved in a much comfortable position. "Come here, dear" she sweetly called, opening her arms.

Wolf took a glance at himself. He's still wet from riding through the storm. "I'm afraid that I'm still unpresentable" Alathea called his second name once more, gesturing to him that she didn't mind. So, he took his first step forward until he finds himself standing beside the bed.

She grabbed his cold hand and pulled him down with all the strength she could gather, wrapping her arms around his torso and pressing her chin on his shoulder. "I'm so glad to see you safe. Welcome home"