XLI

WARNING: SMUT/SEX scenes

--

A big sigh escaped her glossy lips as he carelessly touched her bare waist while peppering her neck with bites and kisses. He pressed a hand around her back while sucking the sweet spot on her neck. She squirmed on the round table as his mouth moved downwards to her breast. The top of her off-shoulder gown was already loose as Daquan effortlessly pulled the tie from the back. The fabric fell until her waist while the separated sleeves of her dress remained intact around her arms. She leaned backward, keeping her hands on his head, letting out another moan as she felt a hand teasingly touched her legs beneath the skirt of her pink tulle gown.

They could've done it in her office, but Alathea feared that her court ladies might walk in at the wrong time. So, while she savored his kisses with her lips, she had insisted on doing it in a private meeting room that they recently used. She struggled to find the secret handle of the door as Daquan had seemed to not planning on letting go of her body even for a second.

She accidentally gripped on his top knot, pushing off the pair of headwear she had gifted him. It fell on the floor and made a slight sound, but they never bothered giving it attention. "Daquan—" she gasped as he quickly moved to crouch down and bit her inner thigh. She shyly grasped on the skirt of her gown and witnessed how he lavishly lick her thigh. He looked up at her and gave her a lustful glare as he pulled down the lace band on her tie. "What are you doing?" she asked between her ragged breaths.

"Making my wife happy," he answered, smirking at her before pressing a light kiss on her thigh. He moved his head further between her legs, and she immediately slapped a hand on her lips, eyes widening at the feeling of pleasure pooling between her legs.

"OH! Eight imperial consort!" Wolf raised an eyebrow and turned his head to see one of the royal advisors greeting him with a polite bow. Aron was with him, with the few other knights and personal maids from the Ice Palace. He was just leisurely taking a walk after working for almost a whole day in his study. Wolf's newly hired aides had suggested for him to visit the inner courtyard of the Aqua Palace. They said it was supposed to be the best place for sightseeing. However, it seems like he had stumbled in hallway traffic as Royal Advisor Cheng greeted him with a giant smile on his face "May the Moon and the Snow goddesses bless the Eight imperial consort" he placed a hand on his chest while keeping her head hung low. "It's such a pleasant day. I am quite honored to meet you here."

In the corridor? Wolf thought to himself, quite confused at the Advisor's actions. Although he is still new to the harem, he managed to fully grasp the power struggles between the imperial family and the royal advisors. Naturally, he would side with the imperial household and try not to meddle too much in the affair of the royal advisors. He had his ideology and political views. It is true that he entirely agrees with the royal advisors' perspective towards Kai's crimes. Kai is indeed a kind and respectable consort. However, as mandated by the imperial law, the consort should've been beheaded for committing adultery against the Empress. He should've paid for his crimes, but no, he didn't—due to the selfishness of the Empress—now innocent people had paid for their mistakes.

"No, I'll stay with you. You promised me that you would stay by my side until I am able to properly love you" It was what he promised to her. However, he has slowly realized how different they are, on how their ideologies clash between what is right or wrong—on what should've been done. He felt conflicted about who he should side with, so he tried his best to avoid any conflict, but it seems like problems always find a way to knock on his life.

"Ah yes," he responded with an impassive expression. If he could run away, he would've probably done it by now.

What a dry response. Cheng thought behind his fixed smile, "I haven't properly introduced myself yet—I am—"