Capitol VI

As the song came to an end, the two royals stood facing each other with posture. Alathea's hands landed on the skirt of her gown, and she curtsied after the dance while Wolf had one of his hands placed at his chest a the other one was resting at his back; he bowed at her. The sound of claps filled the ballroom, and eyes were fixed at the newlyweds, but it didn't seem to get either of Alathea's or Wolf's attention as they were busy looking into each other's eyes.

"Would it be okay for me to take away the Empress?"

The intense atmosphere between the two broke off as they both turned to see Adlai, the sixth imperial consort, standing properly and smiling at them. He had his hand already offered for Alathea to take.

"Adlai," Alathea softly called his name as she reached for his hand

The sixth imperial consort did a small bow to Wolf's direction. "Do excuse us, eight imperial consort," Adlai said in a calm manner before moving her closer to him and readying themselves for another dance

Wolf stood for a moment and watched as the two of them continued to dance with smiles plastered on their faces. He noticed how Alathea could show different expressions with her consorts while he could only see either her fixed smile or her serious expression.

Turning his back from the dance floor, he walked away from the center to get himself a new drink. Few noblemen tried to get his attention and talk to him; however, he is not really in the mood to mingle. Thankfully, Stellan had saved him from throwing a fit, right at the celebration of his wedding, and was quick to lead him back to their respective place.

"The wolf is back," Lynx mocked as soon as Wolf took a seat. His comment earned a few glares from Dion and Stellan, seemingly warning him to keep his mouth close. Lynx could feel their burning glare, and he returned their warning with "Why are you glaring at me? He should be ashamed of himself. Thea is doing her best to open his heart, but that damn Wolf won't just let her--"

"Fourth imperial consort, Lynx Osiris Moyaux" Finally, the first imperial consort spoke. He was no longer glaring at Lynx, rather, he was giving his usual fixed smile "It is inelegant to act that way and it's the Empress, not Thea. Do you want to go back to your etiquette class?"

Upon seeing Dion's smile, a shiver went down from Lynx's spine. He could only click his tongue in response while mumbling "I was just telling the truth"

"Let us not ruin this day," Hikaru said, taking a sip from his wine "We don't want the Empress learning that you two had another conflict "

"Third imperial consort Hikaru is right" Stellan agreed. He looked at Wolf with a warm smile "I apologize for Lynx's behavior, he's usually not like that" he tried to reach him with his words but it looks like Wolf had his doors close for anyone to enter.

"Eight imperial consort, Wolf Vauville" Daquan called his attention "Stop looking downward and look straight ahead. This is your wedding. What would people think once they noticed your down demeanor?"

"I bet you he's going to be like that until the wedding night" Lynx mocked, crossing his arms in his chest as he smirked at the quiet consort "If you're going to keep that act then you're missing all the fun"

"LYNX" the imperial consorts called out in a hard tone. The consorts were giving him a piercing look, even the usual calm Hikaru and the warm Stellan couldn't help but do so as well. They meant it, Lynx just went out of line.

"One more word and I'll have someone send you away" Dion threatened, his smile was slowly fading from his lips

Lynx ignored the atmosphere he created and shrugged before standing from his seat, huffing "Whatever" before going in Alathea and Adlai's direction to have his turn