I

Sailing through the vast blue seas, it took a five-day sail for the ship to arrive from the docks of the Valhale kingdom. Wolf stood by the deck as he watched the royal ship slowly making its way to the docks of the duchy of Restault, a part of the continent that the Undine Empire controls. The sailors of the ship had already lowered the sails and are preparing to land the anchor. Looking back, Wolf saw five more battleships that had escorted him on his five-day journey, keeping him safe from pirates roaming around the seas.

Prince Wolf saw the busy markets of the dock. He saw some ships that had also sailed from other parts of the world. People were trading with various goods in the market; some hold crates of seafood, meats, accessories, and silks. Wolf waited until the ship is fully attached to the docks. Feeling the breeze of the sea, Wolf gripped his thin see-through blue coat around his thin clothes; his tied-up silver hair flew along with the movement of the wind. He did not bother wearing his usual royal raiment since the Undine Empire has a hotter climate than the Valhale kingdom.

"Your highness, we are already docked. The Duke of Restault is already waiting for you," One of his aides announced right after he bowed and greeted the prince.

Wolf hummed quietly and just walked on ahead. Followed by his personal guards, maids, and aides, he went down from the royal ship and saw a nobleman standing right at the docks and looking at him with a few numbers of knights behind him as well. Noticing his presence, Wolf stood in front of him, waiting for the duke to greet him first.

The duke placed a hand on his chest and bowed at Wolf; the knights followed his actions and greeted, "May the Snow goddess bless you, your highness."

Wolf lifted an eyebrow, completely confused. He was forced to read books about the cultures and norms of the Undine Empire, and he was sure that they do not worship Valhale's snow goddess; they worship the Moon goddess instead "I thought you worship the moon goddess, not the snow goddess?"

"That we are, your highness," the duke answered. "We had hoped not to offend you with your own beliefs, your highness."

"There is no need for that," Wolf quickly responded, looking at the duke from head to toe "you do not need to force yourself."

The duke smiled widely and said, "Welcome to the Duchy of Restault. I am Duke Darren Cyrus Restault. It is a pleasure to have finally met the future imperial consort, Prince Wolf Liev Vauville of the Valhale Kingdom-"

Wolf raised a hand to make him stop. "Don't call my name so casually, you're just a Duke, and I am the Prince of the Valhale kingdom," Wolf said in a pissed tone, he glared at the Duke "I do not require anyone to greet me, just take me to the capital."

Duke Darren was taken aback by the Prince's attitude, but he did not show any emotions in front of the prince. He did not wish to add anything to his sour mood. He just bowed at him. "My apologies to have offended you, your highness. Although it would be my pleasure to escort you to the capital immediately. I suggest that you stay at the Duchy for a day to rest before going for another six-day trip to the capital."

Wolf blinked. "A six-day trip?" Duke Darren nodded. How could he forget? He just saw the geographical map of the Undine Empire. It was a huge territory ran by the d'Athenous royal family. After realizing, he sighed, "Fine, take me to rest"

The Duke smiled and led the way. He walked ahead of the prince to lead him towards a carriage he prepared for the royal prince.

People gossiped and stared in awe as it was their first time seeing a silver-haired and red-eyed man; not only that, he just went out of a huge royal ship with the Valhale's insignia on it. They had started to wonder if he was the rumored new imperial consort of the Empress.