III

Five days had passed, and Alathea didn't visit the Ice palace. The anticipated wedding day is coming. The whole Aqua palace and the temple had been busy with the preparations. The royal tailor had come and gone from the Ice palace to discuss Wolf's suit for his wedding. He had also been engaging himself with the preparation and would sometimes join Alathea to eat with her consorts or just her.

Wolf had heard that his family would be coming to watch the ceremony properly, and his father will be signing a treaty of peace right after the wedding. The Vauville family is expected to arrive two days before the wedding, and the Ice palace had already begun with the preparations for the accommodations of the royal family.

It's been days, and Wolf could still not get his head straight; his mind is full of his lover's smiles and voices. The promises that they made together had been ringing nonstop that made him feel remorse. Thoughts of running away before the wedding had been pushing him to his limits, and he is desperately trying to keep himself sane, repeatedly telling himself that it's his duty as the prince of the Valhale Kingdom.

Duty comes first

But what would happen after he became a part of the royal harem?

The thought of being part of such a ridiculous act had made him even angrier. He believed that people could only have one true love. An idea of a harem is to see how the ruler is full of lust, bedding different men whenever she likes.

With these thoughts, Wolf decided to get fresh air and see Viv. Having himself stuck inside the palace is making him insane. His personal guard, Aron, went out to the garden and surprisingly saw Alathea standing and patting Viv softly. She was smiling and talking to her as if the female dire wolf understands her.

(A/N: This is Alathea's outfit for the day. Isn't it gorgeous? I saw this on Instagram; you guys should check it out. Most of the gowns made had a corset bodice of some sort. Insta: @teutamatoshiduriqi)

Both Aron and Wolf looked surprised upon seeing her

Both Aron and Wolf looked surprised upon seeing her. They looked at each other before Aron snapped out of his thoughts and greeted her, "May the Moon goddess bless the Undine Empire and her greatness!" he quickly kneeled.

Hearing Aron's voice, Alathea looked back and saw the two of them standing by the garden's entrance. "Sir knight," she acknowledged Aron and looked at Wolf. "She is a beauty," she said about Viv, who obediently leaned on her touch. "May I ask her name?"

"Viv, your majesty," Wolf responded. He couldn't believe that his female dire wolf, Viven, could get along with a human being. She had been protective of Wolf and hated humans; even his own family could not come near her owner whenever she's around. He looked back at Aron and told him to go. Aron bowed at him and left the gardens to guard nearby.

"So, your name is Viv" Alathea smiled at the dire wolf "What a beautiful name. So, it is true that the royal family members had dire wolves with them as a companion and a guard. Will you mind if I take her sometimes for a walk? I bet my children will love her" she crouched down when Viv suddenly lay down on the grass, asking for more attention.