XLII

Warning:  Smut.

---

Dawn came, and the rising sun has slowly casts a rosy hue across the sky. Little birds had started to do their morning flight, letting out a chirping note as they passed through the palace walls. Knights had begun to move around their station once more as the morning had signaled a new rotation. Maids of each palace were up and about to start doing their daily chores and helping the kitchen in preparing breakfast for the royal family.

The light of the morning sun has yet to knock on the windowpane when Wolf felt his consciousness starting to move from his deep slumber. He groaned and pulled the covers closer to his chest as he felt his body shivering a little. The Ice palace seems to be colder than usual. Perhaps, it rained last night while he was in a deep sleep.

Wolf tried to pull himself back to sleep but failed when he felt something cold touching his arm. He slowly opened his eyes, his sight adjusting at the scenery of his blue velvet ceiling, finally remembering that the Empress is sleeping by his side. He felt his body stiffened as he heard Alathea's soft sigh had started to fill the room. She gently moved her cold hand to wrap in his left arm while her head naturally found its way in his warm shoulder. It is still too early in the morning, and he still has time to get back to sleep, but he felt that his body wouldn't allow him to. So, he just stayed still and tried counting the number of decorative crystals hanging from his ceiling while Alathea comfortably sleeps on his side.

He was already at fifty when he felt Alathea shifting on her sleep once more. Alathea's breathing pattern had changed as she, too, had slowly opened her eyes to notice that Wolf was laying beside her with his eyes wide open. "Did you sleep last night?" she quietly asked, naturally moving her hand to brush his hair from his forehead, noticing that it has started to grow again.

"Yes," He replied, closing his eyes for a moment as he felt the tip of her fingers moving across his scalp. "I just woke up as well."

"Is the sun already up?" She asked, taking a quick peek at the window nearby, seeing no sunlight peeking in between the thick curtains. "I guess we still have a few more minutes to sleep." She smiled as she watched his features closer. "Why don't you go back to sleep?"

He hummed, opening his eyes and slowly moving his head to the side to see her looking at him with a soft gaze. "What about her majesty? Are you not sleepy anymore?". She shakes her head, smiling and suddenly greeting him with a good morning kiss on the forehead. His red eyes carefully followed her movement as she pulled away from the kiss, laying back to the side while still gazing upon his features. He felt his cheek heating up as his eyes caught the attention of her breast barely hidden behind her thin silk nightgown.

Wolf's hand made its way on her cheek, his fingers roaming around her skin, surprising her a little "Liev?" she gently called, watching as he slowly moved his body to face her. She held the hand that touched her cheek and teasingly said, "Have you suddenly fallen for me?" her question suddenly made her consort smile which then made her laugh a little. "I still haven't properly courted you yet, though."

The eight-imperial consort bit his lower lip as he tried to control his smile; his eyes landed on her lips. He suddenly remembered her intimate moment with the fifth imperial consort.

When was the last time he kissed her? He can't remember. They have never initiated anything beyond a kiss except for that one time during their bath. He can't help but wonder that if he made a move right now, just how far can they go?

Silently, he moved his face closer to hers to press his lips on hers. He slowly pulled his lips away, wondering how she'll react next. He won't mind if she'll push him out, but she didn't; she slowly wrapped her arms around his next and pull him into a deep kiss this time. Warmth had started to fill his body as he had seemed to lose himself for a moment. Wolf's body had moved on its own as he topped her without breaking their kiss. Alathea let out a mouthful moan between their lips as she felt his hands wander around her cold skin, giving her breast a gentle squeeze.