Capitol XXXV

A/N: As promised, another update! Two at once. This is my last draft. I have to write more soon oof

---

A day had passed and the heavens seems to be extra restless today. The sound of thunder grumbles around the sky while white lights flickered behind the thick gray clouds. Raindrops pour heavily across the empire.

Alathea stood by the window as she stared at the dark sky. The consorts were currently out of the palace. Lynx, Hikaru and Stellan went out to patrol the whole capital despite of the bad weather. The three were worried about the aqueduct filling up and flooding the whole capital. Dion and Wolf were out in an expedition to help prevent casualties to those who are staying near the mountains and water bodies. It was only Daquan and Adlai who were left within the palace walls. She had already visited Daquan, who was usually busy with taking care of the children, in his palace. Adlai was nowhere to be found, she tried to visit him in his quarters, parlors, and council rooms but she had yet to see even his shadow.

With her hands on her round abdomen, she walked around the palace, her head turning in different directions as she tried to look for Adlai's silhouette. She kept the shawl on her shoulder tightly, her eyes filled with worry. Stellan had told her about his unsettling meeting with her sixth consort. Adlai had completely run away before Stellan could utter another word that day. He was worried as he saw how empty Adlai's eyes were. He thought it was just fatigue, but his instincts have been screaming otherwise.

"Your majesty, If I may" It was Lia who spoke, she was accompanying the empress along with the few maids and guards "but why don't you take a rest, even for a little bit? You have been walking for hours, we have already visited three palaces"

Alathea shakes her head, declining her offer "If you're tired, you can leave me be"

"It's not because we're tired, your majesty" fighting the urge not to sigh beside her ruler, she pursed her lips together and continued "May I remind you that you are pregnant, you could not tire yourself. We could just let the guards look for the sixth imperial consort, your majesty" As if on cue, Alathea let out a tired sigh and placed a hand on a wall nearby, instantly worrying her servants "your majesty, at least even for just a minute" Lia plead. The Empress didn't had a choice but to comply, her feet felt sore and her womb had been feeling a bit heavy.

She had no choice but to take a bit of rest, but her attempt was quickly interrupted by an alarming call. A man was quick in his feet, he didn't seem to care if he disturbed the halls of the royal palace, his face was contorted into a concern expression "Your majesty! An urgent news from the south!" the following words that left his mouth had quickly made the empress' heart fall out of its place.

--

How rare it is to see the proud and composed sixth imperial consort sitting in a fetal position. He had his arms wrapped around his legs, burying his face on his knees as he tried to control his cries. After taking a long walk around the palace's vicinity, he had finally settled back to his study, hoping that work could keep his mind calm but his thoughts were just too much that he could not help but sat quietly on one of the velvet couch of the room.

He had no idea that his pregnant wife was looking for him, they had been crossing each other's path unknowingly and despite of him not hiding from anyone, the knights could not still find his whereabouts.

"The commoner fool got ahead of you, now you're nothing but a trash. The empress will get rid of you soon enough" He knows these thoughts were merely a distortion created by his mind. He knew he was intelligent; he could handle himself properly, and yet just a few words from his father were enough to stir up his hidden anxiety that had been hiding on the back of his mind.