Capitol XXIX

In the matter of days, the news of the Empress' pregnancy had spread throughout the Empire. Many people had rejoiced at the gift bestowed to their Empire. As per tradition, celebrations were thrown in every city; variations of colors and songs scattered through the winds, the commoner folk danced along the lively melodies played by a public band while they enjoy the scrumptious delicacies of each food stall in the plaza and the church had rang its bells for hours upon the joyous occasion. An addition to the royal family has always been celebrated through generations, especially that the second consort have finally managed to have a child with the Empress.

The nobility and people from neighboring countries had sent their gifts of congratulations. Surprise was not enough to describe the royal advisors' reactions after hearing that the second consort is the father. They had deem him useless and an ignominy to the royal family. It was no secret that they had been planning to get rid of the him but with a miracle blessed by the goddess, the Empress' pregnancy had only strengthen her second consort's position to the court and to the harem, leaving the advisors with unsatisfactory results.

The Empress had immediately annouced an emergency audience with the members of the royal court. There, the nobles were present: from the highest rank of the court, which is the duke to the lowest court, the baron, the court officials of the empire and of course, the royal advisors.

Proud knights had announced the arrival of the royal family before they quietly moved to open the huge double door of the throne room. All heads were automatically set on the doorway as they made their entrance, eyes were gleaming with expectations and curiosity. The Empress was walking ahead, with her head held up high, her steps were as graceful as they remembered. She wore a small velvet royal coat on top of her sleeveless wine and white ombre tulle gown. The accessories and tiara she's wearing matched the color of her gown. Escorting her was the second consort, calmly matching her pace while he had her hand gently wrapped around his right arm. The nobles let out an amused expression as their eyes had unexpectedly saw the changes in the second consort. Rather than staying quiet in the shadows of the royal family, he looked especially beautiful with his wine royal raiment that matches the Empress' skirt. The left side of his long brunette hair was stylishly braided while the right side was calmly flowing by his shoulder. For once, he is proudly showing that he is, indeed, the harem's flower. The rest of the consorts followed behind them, looking as regal and proud as ever.

As the royal family passed by the crowd, the people bowed and curtsied at her presence, waiting until she ascends to her throne.

Alathea sat comfortably on her golden throne and took her time to look around before speaking "As you all have heard, the moon goddess had blessed me with another precious gift, my sixth child" the audience gracefully clapped their hands and bid her congratulations before she continued "From my previous pregnancies, I had never stopped myself from ruling the empire. However, this time will be different" she took another look around, placing her hands on the throne's armrest while she kept her back straight "I have decided to retire for the moment until the child is born" 

Her statement had immediately earned various reactions and royal advisor Cheng had the confidence to voice out his concern "But, your majesty—" However, he was stopped when the consorts gave him a glare. It is rude to speak when the Empress has not given her permission, that was a simple etiquette for nobilities. He felt rather ashamed and angry upon seeing their reactions. Quietly, he bowed his head and apologized, his hands balling into fists as he heard a few mumbling behind him.

Ignoring the Cheng, she continued "My current pregnancy is not as strong as the previous ones. The imperial doctor had personally suggested that I pull myself away from any potential strain" She gently placed a hand on her abdomen "It is publicly known that my second consort is infertile and we have already lost hope of having a child together but the goddess had blessed us with this miracle and I want to cherish this precious time I have with the child in my womb" she looked up at Stellan and gave him a warm gaze before returning it to her subjects "I had to take extra precautions this time, I hope you understand—"