Capitol XXXII

The discussion with her third imperial consort, Hikaru, had almost lasted an hour. There were formal discussions about politics and opinions laid out by Hikaru that didn't surprised Alathea. She had already gotten used of seeing him prioritize work over everything else since he had been taught as a child to focus on law, politics and management, in hopes of assisting his family and the future ruler of his homeland. It didn't take long until both of them were satisfied. Once tea time had finished, she had insisted on visiting her second child, who's also residing in the Fujiwara palace with his father.

The smile on her lips remained still as she enjoyed the warmth of her husband's arm in her hand as he escort her to another room. It was fairly quiet as they walked through the wooden floor of the palace, followed by a number of entourage consisting of guards and maids. They passed by an open hallway where a garden welcome them with its fresh breeze and greeneries.

"I heard Aki got a new gift from Edo empire?" she softly asked, looking up at Hikaru while she kept her hand on his arm.

Nodding, Hikaru kept his gaze up front. He had to make sure to walk carefully to avoid any accidents, especially that he's walking with his pregnant wife "Yes, her imperial consort has heard of Prince Akihito growing fond of flower arrangement so she send us some tools for him to use"

"I'm glad your mother is quite fond of Aki" she said and he only hummed in response.

It took them another minute until they've finally arrived to their destination. The room was quite wide and almost empty but the view from the gardens outside had given the room a relaxing ambiance. There are a few servants quietly standing nearby, waiting for any inquiries or favors that the young prince might ask. Alathea's smile widens as her eyes found a little boy near the open doors of the room that overlooks the garden. There was a onyx vase in front of him with a few flowers and twigs already attached on it.

Akihito failed to notice his mother coming in as his focus were centered on the arrangement he is trying to do. The flower clippers remained still in his small hand as he stared at the progress of his arrangement, trying to think of what he can do to make it look better.

In the eyes of many, he is a just a mere six-year-old child. However, he was already praised by many. Akihito is certainly a bright child and just like his father, he shows promise and dignity to rule the seat for the crown prince. Some of the court officials have already been forming factions between the first and second prince, supporting who has the capability to be the next ruler of the empire. Alathea certainly didn't like the thought of factions dividing her court. She deemed it rather unfair for the nobilities judging the capabilities of her children as she believed they are equal in her eyes. Even without much consent of the court, she was determined to not only set her eyes on her two older sons but also give opportunity for the others.

Hikaru waved off the servants inside the room to give his family some privacy. The servants kept their head low and quietly left the room without looking back. As the three of them were left in the room, Hikaru cleared his throat to get his son's attention.

Akihito had already gotten use of his father's calm demeanor. He is not much of a talker and would mostly do signals to get his attention so when he heard his familiar cough, he immediately looked back and saw both of his mother and father standing quietly in the room with him. His brown eyes went wide as he mumbled to himself "Okaa-san? (mother)". He looked by his father direction before properly kneeling and bowing down to greet his parents properly "Apologies for not noticing. Akihito greets his parents. How are you doing, mother empress?"

Well performed etiquette and proper speech.

Unlike Alrien, Akihito is well-disciplined and quiet. Its a behaviour that he had grown with after he had mostly spent his time with his father, learning his family's ways and religion. The empress didn't mind it much but sometimes she finds herself wanting to complain after seeing how too reserved her second born is. She wanted him to act a bit more like a child, slowly enjoy his small freedom and innocence.