thirty one

After getting to Savannah, we went to Chick fil A for dinner. We ate inside so Cooper could play at the playground.

"I'm so happy that they both did so good on the ride." I said to Katie as we ate. She smiled and nodded. "That's because their favorite auntie was in the car." She leaned over and smooshed Kinley's cheeks, making her smile. I finished eating and I threw our trash away. I went into the playground area and called Cooper so we could leave.

We pulled into the house that Ryan's parents rented for the weekend and I turned the car off. "This house is huge." I said to Katie. She nodded. "Mom and dad said that its so roomy on the inside." We both got out and I carefully grabbed Kinley from her car seat.  She continued to sleep as we went inside.

After choosing our rooms, the kids and I got a room with a queen sized bed and an adjacent bathroom. McKinley was sleeping in her pack n play in the large closet that was in the room while I sat on the bed with Cooper. I ran my fingers through his hair as he watched a video on his tablet. Once he fell asleep, I turned it off and went to sleep.
•••

"Ready to go eat?" I asked Cooper. "Yeah!" He jumped excitedly and walked out to my car. I put McKinley and Cooper into their car seats before we left.

"She eats good huh?" Lauren chuckled as McKinley ate some scrambled eggs. I smiled and nodded. "Cooper did so well with baby led weaning and I'm happy that she's the same way." I kissed her cheek. We continued to eat our breakfast before leaving to walk around by the market. I had McKinley in her wrap against my chest while Cooper held hands with his papa.