forty four

"So cute!" Katie squealed as we scrolled through Etsy. I was looking at the sweet peach themed first birthday items. I already picked shirts for Cooper, Kin, and I to wear. As well as some labels and signs.

"Do you think you'll be able to FaceTime Ryan?" She asked. I looked at her and shrugged. "Hopefully, we haven't talked lately." I pouted. Ryan must be really busy with ranger school. We normally text throughout the week but it's been a while since he has responded to my texts.

"It'll be ok Jess." She hugged me. I leaned my head against her chest and we continued to look at party things.

"Look mama!" Cooper smiled and ran over to me. His shoulder length blonde hair is now cut shorter. "Look at you!" I smiled and gave him a hug. He has been begging for a haircut and I finally got around to letting his papa cut it for him.

I pouted and put my hands on either sides of his face. "You look so much like your daddy." He beamed and the corners of his eyes crinkled. "I'm going to go play!" He ran off.

"I love Chick-fil-A mama." Cooper smiled as he dipped his chicken nuggets in ketchup. "I know babe." I chuckled and sat down. I gave McKinley some broken up grilled nuggets and fruit as I bit into my chicken sandwich. I listened to Cooper talk when my phone rang. I picked it up and it was a FaceTime from Ryan.

I smiled widely before answering. It took a little while before it connected and his face showed up. "Ryan!" I smiled widely. "Hey baby." He smiled. "Daddy!" Cooper said and tried to get up from his chair.

"Hold on baby." I said and handed him the phone. "Hi daddy." Cooper held my phone in both hands, smiling at my phone.

"Hey Coop, how are you?" "Good! I got my hair cut today by papa!" He turned his head around so Ryan could get a good look. "It looks good! Tell papa he did a great job." Ryan chuckled. "When are you coming home? It's almost Kinley's birthday."

"I know Coop, I'll be home before you know it." Cooper's smile fell before he nodded. "I love you little buddy." "I love you too daddy." Cooper handed the phone back to me.