thirty four

"Did you have fun in Savannah?" I asked Cooper as we sat on the couch. After the pictures, we stopped at the outlet mall and went home. The beach was so much fun; it's been a while since I got to go on vacation and i loved being able to take the kids.

"Yes." He smiled, laying his head on my lap. I played with his hair. I leaned down and kissed his forehead before he sat back up. I went to our laundry room and I started to unpack and put clothes in the washing machine.

I folded up the kids' clothes while they played on my bedroom floor. Cooper was playing peekaboo and made McKinley laugh loudly. "Are you being silly?" I asked them. "Yeah." Cooper giggled and laid down on the floor beside his sister.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and he nodded. I picked up McKinley and we all went downstairs. I took out a box of mini corndogs and tater tots before putting some on a baking sheet to go into the oven. I turned the oven on and set a timer.

"Mama, can we watch a movie?" Cooper asked from the living room. "Yeah, which one?" I asked him. I walked out of the kitchen and put McKinley in her high chair. "Um... Cars!" He looked at me with the remote in the air. I went to Disney+ and found Cars before playing it for him.

"Here you go Kin." I poured McKinley some puffs onto her tray and steamed some broccoli for her and Cooper in a pot on the stove. When everything finished, I fixed Cooper and I some corndogs and tatertots and fixed both of the kids some broccoli. I put two broccoli pieces on McKinley's tray and sat at the table with Cooper and her.