twenty six

After dropping Cooper off at school, I stopped by the grocery store to buy groceries. I love going to do chores like this without the kids because I'm able to get what I need without them messing with the cart and wanting to grab everything off of the shelf. I grabbed everything that we needed before buying it and going back to my mom's house.

"I bought you some Starbucks." I said to her and put down her caramel macchiato on the kitchen table. She walked out of the kitchen, holding Mckinley and smiled. "Thanks Jess." I grabbed McKinley from her and sipped from my iced vanilla latte.

"I know I tell you this a lot but thanks for watching the kids." I said and she shrugged. "I love my grandkids, they're the best." She smiled. I kissed her forehead before putting McKinley in her car seat to go home.

"What are we going to do when we get home Kin?" I asked her. I saw her through the mirror on the headrest in front of her as she smiled with a pacifier in her mouth. I chuckled and shook my head before driving home.

McKinley and I went into her room and I set her down on the floor. "Do you want to read a book?" I asked and handed her an indestructible book for her to chew on. She grabbed it and started to put the corner of it in her mouth. I started to read to her, showing the pages every now and then so she could look at the pictures.

I carried McKinley into Cooper's school and saw them playing in mud. I smiled and looked over at his teacher who met my eyes and motioned to Cooper that I was here.

"Mama!" He smiled and ran over to me. "You guys had fun in the rain huh?" I asked him. He nodded excitedly as I signed him out and he followed me to the car. "You're getting a bath when we get home." I chuckled and he grinned.