fifty

"Ready to go to papa?" I asked Cooper as he grabbed a hat from his shelf.

"Yeah!" He smiled and followed me outside. I put him and his sister in their car seats before getting into the car and going to the family store. I got Cooper out and he immediately ran over to Ryan's dad.

"Hey little man, you need a haircut." He chuckled and brushed Cooper's bangs from his eyes. Cooper laughed as he got put down.

I walked towards everyone and smiled when Katie hugged me.

"Hey girl." I smiled and she grabbed McKinley from me.

"Hey." She smiled and held McKinley on her hip. McKinley giggled when Katie blew a raspberry on her cheek and they walked away.

There were containers of food sitting on picnic tables as we fixed our plates. I fixed me and Cooper a plate of brisket, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. I put barbecue sauce on the meat before sitting down.

"Thanks mama." Cooper said when I sat the plate down. His cheeks were bright red and his shorter bangs were sticking to his forehead from the sweat. I started eating, occasionally feeding McKinley when she wanted some. She enjoyed everything that we were eating. For dessert, we had peach cobbler with fresh ice cream.

"Thanks for letting me sleep over." Katie smiled when we walked into the house.

"No problem." I smiled back and put McKinley on the floor. I put our leftovers in the refrigerator as Katie turned the tv on for Cooper. I sat down with her and we talked and laughed before I got the kids ready for bed.

"Goodnight auntie Katie." Cooper hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight Coop." She smiled as I took him to his room. I read him a bedtime story and tucked him into bed. I kissed his forehead and turned on his nightlight and sound machine before closing his bedroom door.