four

While McKinley napped, Cooper was on the floor playing with Pom Pom balls while I finished up dinner. I smiled to myself as I listened to him count them. "Let's eat dinner." I looked at him. He quickly got up and watched as I fixed his plate.

Cooper played on his tablet while I sat with McKinley as she sat in her boppy and played with her teether. I heard my phone ring and I looked at it to see that Ryan was trying to FaceTime me. I smiled and answered it, putting the camera on McKinley.

"Look at her!" Ryan cooed. "I know, she's so big isn't she?" I smiled. "Daddy!" Cooper said and ran over to me. I turned the camera back around as he leaned against my back.

"Hey Cooper Pooper!" Ryan joked. "Not my name!" He giggled. "Are you being good for mommy?" He asked. Cooper nodded. "He went to SkyZone today." I smiled. "Really? Did you bounce really high?" Cooper nodded excitedly. "Mommy jump high too!" He smiled. We talked for a little while until it was Cooper's bedtime.
•••

"Are you excited to see Jackson?" I asked Cooper as I drove down the street. He nodded excitedly. Jackson is the son of my best friend named Maddie. We are going through the exact same situation; she is a young married mom of two with a husband that's in the army. We love to arrange little play dates with our kids so they forget about their daddies not being here.

I helped Cooper get out of the car and I grabbed Kinley. "Coo-er!" Jackson ran over to us with his mom and younger brother, Rowan, following behind.

The boys giggled as they hugged each other. I smiled and hugged Maddie. "I have Jack's water table set up." She said and I nodded as we followed her to the backyard.