twelve

I got down from Ryan's arms but continued to hold him. He repeatedly kissed my temple, making me smile. "I don't know if the kids are up." I said. He nodded and hugged his sister and dad as I lifted the cover of the stroller.

McKinley was sleeping soundly while Cooper rubbed his eyes. "Cooper, guess who's here?" I said softly. He raised up his arms and I picked him up. I rocked him gently. Ryan walked over to us and rubbed his back.

"Hey Cooper Pooper." Ryan smiled. Cooper quickly looked up. "Daddy?" He looked at him. He almost fell out of my arms as he reached for him. Ryan grabbed Cooper and held him tightly against him, snuggling his face into his neck. I smiled, feeling more tears stream down my face.

"Daddy, I missed you." I heard Cooper say. "I missed you too buddy." Ryan wiped his eyes. "Don't cry daddy." Cooper kissed his cheek. "Have you been good to mama?" Ryan asked and he nodded. "I've been very good daddy." Cooper grinned.

After taking pictures and touring Ryan's barracks, we were able to take Ryan out for a few hours before he had to go back to base. We took him to Olive Garden, his favorite restaurant. We walked in and they took us to a large table. Ryan sat at the head of the table, I sat beside him, and Cooper sat in a high chair on the other side of Ryan.

McKinley sat in Ryan's lap and patted against the table. After she woke up, Ryan held her and didn't want to let her go. We ended up having a great time at Olive Garden and enjoyed spending time with family.

"Bye baby, I'll see you tomorrow." Ryan said and hugged me. I gently kissed him and hugged him back. "Bye Ry, Goodnight. I love you." I said and walked to the car. "I love you too." He said before walking back into the barracks.