thirty seven

"Good morning." I smiled when I saw Cooper walk into the living room. He rubbed his eyes before walking over to me. I picked him up, sitting him down on my lap as he leaned against me. I sipped from my coffee mug and put it down.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked and he nodded. I kissed the top of his head as he held onto my hand.

"What do you want for breakfast?" "Waffles." He whispered and I nodded. "That sounds good." I finished my coffee and got up, putting him on the floor. "Want to help?" I asked and he nodded, following me into the kitchen.

I gave McKinley a kiss before putting her down in her high chair. She's not feeling well; she is getting two of her upper teeth today. She woke up crying at midnight so I put some teething gel on her gums and she was able to go back to sleep.

"What's wrong Kinley?" Cooper asked her when I sat down. "She's getting her teeth." I replied and he nodded with a confused look but continued eating. I chuckled softly and ate as well.

I grabbed my fleece blanket and threw it onto the couch. Today was going to be a relaxing day; McKinley is not happy and it was cold and rainy. Cooper ran into the living room with his pillow, his gray and black camo blanket, and his favorite teddy bear.

"Mama, I got on my cozy clothes!" He smiled. I looked over at him; he had on a marvel sweatshirt and dark gray joggers.

"You look very cozy." I smiled as he sat beside me on the couch. "Let me go get your sister and then we'll start the movie." I got up and he nodded as I went to McKinley's room.

"Hi baby." I cooed and turned the light on. She whimpered and sat up. "It's going to be ok baby." I pouted and picked her up. I changed her diaper and went to grab her a frozen teether before sitting back down on the couch.