eleven

My fingers started to shake as we saw the Fort Benning sign. "Why am I so nervous?" I chuckled and looked over at Katie. "You haven't seen your husband in a few months. If my boyfriend went to basic training, I would miss him too." She nodded. I blushed and nodded. We followed the signs before parking the car. "Let's do this." I smiled before getting out.

We stood among the other families to watch the parade. I held McKinley close to me as I fed her. "Where's daddy?" Cooper asked Katie as she held him. "He's coming, we're going to see him walking down here." She pointed to the street in front of us. We heard a band lead the way as the different squadrons began marching.

"Go Ryan!" His dad cheered. I smiled to myself when I saw Ryan marching. "There He is." I pointed to him for Cooper. He grinned and watched Ryan march. "Daddy!" Cooper smiled and pointed to him. "I know bud, he's doing so good," I smiled at him. Cooper nodded excitedly and continued to watch his dad proudly.

After the parade and a tour of where Ryan was living, we went to a large gym for the graduation. Cooper was sitting between Jacob and Melissa while I quickly changed McKinley's diaper. I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and put her back in her stroller. Cooper walked over to me and climbed onto my lap while we watched the graduation ceremony.

I pushed the stroller, with McKinley and Cooper both napping, outside to see Ryan. I followed behind his parents and Katie; my heart was beating rapidly while the other families and friends greeted their new soldier.

"Ryan!" Melissa said and hugged her son tightly. It was like the world was moving in slow motion when Ryan and I met eyes. I smiled widely and ran into his arms. He picked me up and hugged me tightly, I did the same to him."I missed you so much baby." He said into my neck. "I missed you too Ry." I cried into his.