forty two

After my shower, I got dressed in a pair of black high waisted leggings and an oversized mustard yellow shirt with cacti on it. I put my hair into a ponytail and put some light makeup on. I looked at McKinley's baby monitor and I watched as she moved around. I got up and went into her room, opening the blinds.

"Good morning princess!" I smiled at her. She giggled, putting her face against the bars of her crib. "Are you being silly?" I chuckled and went to grab her diaper and wipes to put on the floor. When I turned to get her, she was standing up, holding onto the top of her crib.

"Are you standing?" I put my hands on my hips. "Mamamama." She babbled and let go, falling down. I gasped and went over to her. "You said mama." I smiled and picked her up, giving her several kisses on her cheek. I put her in the floor so I could change her diaper and changed her into a long sleeved black onesie and a pair of pink leopard print joggers. I put on a pair of socks and her shoes, sitting her up.

"Five below!" Cooper smiled when we walked inside. I chuckled and grabbed a basket. He immediately went over to the toys and grabbed a couple of toy cars. While I watched him, I heard McKinley giggle and someone grabbed my waist. I quickly turned around and saw Katie grinning.

"Hey, don't do that!" I laughed and hugged her. She laughed too. "I completely forgot that you work here." I smiled. "Auntie Katie!" Cooper smiled and ran over to her. She picked him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah, sorry." She smiled. We walked around the store, catching up and I grabbed the kids and I some books and candy. She helped us check out and waved goodbye before going home.