forty six

I love going to the library. It was something that I did with my mom and now I'm bringing the tradition to my kids. We went to the library as soon as it opened and went to the children's section. I parked McKinley's stroller while Cooper and I looked for some books.

We sat down and Cooper sat in my lap while I read softly. When I read, Cooper will occasionally point at the words as I read them and will try to sound them out. He's such a smart little boy and I'm so proud of him.

After the library, we went to the grocery store. I put McKinley in her carrier so she could breastfeed while we walked around. I put Cooper in the seat and pushed the cart inside. I grabbed all of our necessities before going back home.

"Can I play drums mama?" Cooper asked while I stood in the kitchen. I turned to face him as his sister crawled after him. I nodded and took out our old bowls and a couple of wooden spoons. Cooper loves to play "drums" with our old bowls. He did it when he was Kinley's age and it's so funny to see.

"Thank you." He smiled and sat down. McKinley squealed and sat near him as he turned to face her. "Look Kinley." He hit the wooden spoon on the bottom of the bowl and she squealed again.

"Let her try." I said to him and he handed her the other spoon. She first put the spoon in her mouth before tapping it like her brother. I looked over at the both of them as they made their own music. I took a short video and continued cooking dinner.

We had chicken fajitas; I gave McKinley a few pieces of chicken, some pepper strips, and black beans before putting it in front of her. She looked at me and picked up a black bean. "Yummy." I smiled and bit into my formed fajita. She laughed and put some food in her mouth.