twenty four

After bringing Cooper and McKinley home from my parents' house, I gave them both a bath and put on their pajamas. We all sat on my bed as I cuddled with the both of them. "Did you have a good birthday?" I asked Cooper. He smiled and nodded.

"It was so much fun!" He giggled. I nodded and kissed his forehead.  As he laid his head on my lap and I played with his hair, my phone vibrated. I looked at it to see that Ryan was trying to FaceTime me. I answered and his face popped up on the screen.

"Daddy!" Cooper grinned and grabbed my phone. "Hey buddy, how are you?" He asked. "Good, I had my party today and all my friends from school came and we ate pizza and had cake!" He smiled. "That's great bud, let me talk to mama." Cooper handed me my phone before playing with his iPad and I smiled when I saw Ryan looking back at me.

"Hey baby." He said and I felt my heart melt. "Hey." "My dad sent me the pictures of Cooper's party, he looked like he had a lot of fun." I nodded. "Cooper had the time of his life. He really loves his mini tractor."

"Does he? He's going to be just like his papa." He chuckled. "I just wish that you were there." I met his eyes. His smile dropped and he nodded. "I wish I was there too. I hate that I'm missing all of the moments of Kin and Cooper." He sighed.

"Its not that much longer. We'll all be together again." He nodded. Kinley gurgled and I looked down at her. "Do you hear your daddy?" I asked and put the phone in front of her. "Hey Kin, look at you big girl." Ryan cooed and McKinley stared at him.

"That's daddy." I kissed her temple and she grabbed my phone and put it in her mouth. "I think that's my cue." He said and we both laughed before telling each other goodnight.