thirty five

"I miss brother." I pouted as I looked at the rear view mirror. The mirror in front of McKinley showed her playing with her teether. I just dropped Cooper off at preschool so it's just Kin and I. I turned my car back on before driving to the nearest grocery store. I parked and got out, carrying Kinley inside. I put a cover in the seat part and sat her down before going shopping.

I carefully laid Kinley down after breastfeeding her. Her little fingers curled into a fist as she closed her eyes. I smiled softly and closed the door, leaving the room. I went into the kitchen and cleaned up; I also washed off the fruits and vegetables I bought for the kids so they could have them for snacks.

I took out the chicken we were going to have for dinner tonight and cut them into strips before putting them in a bag with salt and garlic powder. I put the bag in the fridge and washed my hands. I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to eat and use my phone.

Cooper ran to the front door as I got McKinley out of her car seat. I opened the door and we all went inside. I put McKinley on the floor and followed Cooper into the kitchen.

"Where do you want your picture?" I asked him. Today at his school, they made self portraits with things they found outside like leaves, twigs, and blades of grass. "Right there!" He smiled and pointed. I grabbed the paper from him and put it on the fridge with a magnet.

"It's so beautiful Coop." I smiled and went down to his level. "Thanks mama." He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I hugged him back and patted his butt before he ran off to play with his sister.