twenty one

"Mama!" Cooper yelled and ran over to me. He ran into my arms and hugged me. "Hey, how was school?" I asked him. "Good, we have chickens like papa!" He smiled. I smiled too before signing him out. I put him in the car before getting in myself. "Where sissy?" He asked. "She's with MeMe," I answered before starting to drive.

Cooper excitedly talked about his school as I pulled into my parents' driveway. I got out and got him out as we walked inside. "Meme!" Cooper yelled as she picked her head from the kitchen. "Shh, your sister's sleeping." She walked over to us and gave him a hug. He then put his finger on his mouth.

"Do you want to go play?" I asked him and he nodded before going into their backyard. I sat down as my mom finished cleaning the kitchen. "How did he do?" She asked me. I nodded. "He was so excited. He talked about his entire day the whole ride here." I chuckled. "His birthday decorations are in the spare room." She told me and I nodded before going to check it out.

Since our backyard is small, we usually do parties at my parents' house or Ryan's parents' house. For Cooper's third birthday he's going to have a construction party. All of his little friends will have a hard hat and safety vest to wear before playing with some tools like hammering fake nails and digging with toy trucks. He's going to be so excited.

Once McKinley woke up from her nap, I took her and Cooper back home. I fixed Cooper a can of Spaghetti-O's and Kinley had some avocado slices. I unpacked Cooper's lunchbox and washed the bottle that McKinley had at my mom's. When the kids finished eating, I gave them both a bath and put them to bed. I stayed up late cleaning the kitchen before going to bed myself.