twenty seven

Cooper watched me as I rinsed off his rain boots with the hose. "Mama, can you spray me." He asked and I turned it to the mist setting and started to spray him. He giggled loudly and splashed around, opening his mouth to drink some of the water.

"You're silly." I chuckled and turned it off. I took him inside and immediately went to the bathroom and started the bath. I put his bubbles in it and helped him get it before scrubbing some of the remaining mud off of him.

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked him. "Mac and cheese!!" He smiled and I nodded, washing his hair. "That sounds like a good idea." I rinsed the shampoo out of his hair and drained the tub, getting him out. I followed him into his room and helped him put on his pajamas.

Later that evening, we all sat in the living room with our bowls of Kraft macaroni and cheese and the movie Cars playing on the tv. I looked down to see McKinley laying on the couch beside me and Cooper sitting on the floor. McKinley smiled up at me and I gently kissed her forehead. I love these little moments that I have with the kids. They really are my happy place.
•••

I quickly got me and the kids ready before leaving the house. Today is Cooper's three year doctor's appointment. We pulled into the parking lot of the pediatrician and I turned to look at him.

"Ready?" I asked and he looked up at me nervously. "It's ok bud, I'm going to be there with you." I grabbed his hand. He nodded before we got out and walked inside. I checked him in and sat down, watching him play with one of the activity tables and McKinley sat on my lap.