fourteen

I put a load of laundry in the washing machine and closed it. I stepped over the baby gate to see Cooper playing with McKinley on the floor. "Are you hungry?" I asked Cooper. He turned around and nodded. I  walked into the kitchen. "Do you want some pizza bagels?" I asked him. "Yeah!" I took the box out of the freezer and put some on a cookie sheet. I turned the oven on and put the cookie sheet in it.

I parked at the grocery store and turned the car off. I turned around and smiled when I saw Cooper holding McKinley's hand. "Are you being sweet?" I asked him. He smiled back at me as I got out. I put on my baby carrier and put McKinley in it. I held Cooper's hand as we went inside. I grabbed a cart and went around.

I laid on my bed after putting the kids down for a nap. After getting back from seeing Ryan, I have been doing laundry all day. I am very exhausted. I grabbed my phone and looked at the pictures we took over the weekend with Ryan. I felt a tear stream down my face and I quickly wiped it away.

I quickly dialed Katie's number and she answered. "Hey Jess." "Katie, can you come over?" I sniffed. "I'm coming right over." She said before hanging up. I wiped my face before walking downstairs.

Ten minutes later, Katie knocked on my door and I opened it. She was holding a bag from Target and immediately hugged me when she came in. I started to cry into her shoulder. "It's just like when he left the first time." I sobbed. "I know Jess." She held me. When I stopped crying, we walked over to the couch and sat down.

"What did you bring?" I wiped my face. "Look and see." She handed me the bag. I opened it and I smiled at the contents. There was funfetti cake mix, icing, and the Trolls movie. "I love this cake." I smiled at her. "Let's make it with Cooper and order some pizza." She offered. "I like that." I nodded as she hugged me again.