fifteen

"Auntie Katie!" Cooper smiled and ran to her. She went down to his level and hugged him. "Hey buddy, How was your nap?" He gave her two thumbs up. "Wow, that's a great nap then!" She chuckled and stood up. He went over to me and attempted to climb into my lap. "Hi, honey." I cooed and picked him up. He wrapped his tiny arms around my neck and pressed kisses on his cheek. He giggled loudly and tried to push my face away.

"No, let me love you." I squeezed him gently. "Stop it, mama!" He smiled. I smiled too before letting him go. Katie and I looked at the baby monitor when McKinley started to cry. "Do you want to help me make a cake?" Katie asked Cooper. "Yeah!" He smiled widely. We both got up; Katie grabbed Cooper's hand and took him to the kitchen while I went to McKinley's room.

"Thank you." I smiled at the pizza delivery person as they handed me two boxes of pizza and breadsticks. I closed the door and started walking. "Pizza!" Cooper smiled when I brought it into the kitchen. I opened the boxes and my mouth watered as I looked at our cheese pizza and pepperoni pizza. "Hungry?" I asked Cooper and he nodded excitedly.

"Thanks for coming over." I smiled at Katie as I breastfed McKinley. After dinner and cake, I gave the kids a bath and we watched Trolls. Cooper had his head on Katie's lap as I held McKinley. "No problem, I love getting to see my niece and nephew. You're the added bonus." She joked. I chuckled and hit her playfully.

Katie and I were best friends in high school; we were like sisters. I met Ryan one night when I slept over. We became really close and started dating. I never thought that Katie and I would become sisters in law but I couldn't have asked for a better one.