Chapter Forty-Three

There was always those few things in life you regret.

And this was just another one of them when I felt his breathe against my neck, the warmth sending a shiver through my body as I turned around, hazel eyes coming into view, making it all seem a bit to real.

No, it can't be

My words got stuck in my mouth and my eyes followed where his palm was still wrapped around my wrist, a possessive hold.

It looked different, it looked...stronger.

Following up his forearm I could see a vein straining, he put on weight, not the bad kind, the good kind. Not the kind where you needed the gym, the kind you got after you hit the gym.

All the way up to the inner flesh of the elbow, where you bent your arm, where his tanner skin disappeared into a black form fitting shirt, the material straining against his bicep before I traced my eyes over the shoulder and to the collar, where the top two buttons were undone revealing more skin.

Tracing up the throat, past the Adams apple, over his pink lips and to his eyes where he was staring at me with the same curiosity and disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I would let you go," he said tightening his hold, to where it was painful, to where it was cutting of my blood circulation. "But I still remembered what you said," he chuckled, his voice sounded...deeper, "You would shot me without thinking twice," he leaned in closer and I was too frozen to lean back, "And I know you would,"

I probably would, his voice had scared me beyond belief, everything I had blocked or tried to, came back at me. Like a six foot two tsunami wave, he didn't grow taller? Did he?

"You know, your parents are proud of you, still haven't lost your moves,"

Nik was on the floor beside us saying something, panicking, but I didn't hear it, my mind elsewhere as my heart rapidly beat against my chest. I felt my breathe constricted. My fingers loosened on the gun I was holding but enough to still grasp it before it fell. 

"I almost didn't recognize you at first," he leaned in closer, and the familiar smell teased my nose, a tantalizing smell, as he whispered the last words softly, "But who can not recognise that arse huh?"

I could say the same about you. His jaw looked firmer than before, the slight hint of a man's stubble, and a soft scar on the base of his neck on the right side under his ear, hell why did I even notice that?

"Your hair," His fingers suddenly brushed my lower back tugging on my pony tail making me wince and tilt my chin up, "It's longer," he said thoughtfully, letting go of me and taking a step back rubbing his chin, "I think I...like it,"

Nik made a sound on the ground and my eyes went to him, I nearly forgot he was there, right, what the hell was I doing.

I raised my gun in no time, "You shouldn't have let go," I said taking the safety off. I would have pressed the trigger if something or someone didn't push me from beside making me lose my footing and fall, the gun went off and Nik screamed as it hit the grass near him.

Two hands stabled me, his hands, feeling stronger and warmer than I had ever felt them before.

"You shot me!" screamed Nik and I rolled my eyes as he ran his hands over himself, "Okay no false alarm,"

I turned around, "Eden? What the hell?" I asked confused as he picked up my dropped gun shoving it at me, "They found us,"

I looked at Daniel, "Well no fucking shit," I said exasperated. I waved my gun pointing to Daniel who moved out of the way, "You don't understand," Eden said pulling NIk up and dropping him when he realised Nik couldn't move.